Author Topic: Rachel Jeantel (Witness 8) Trayvon's Phone Friend  (Read 108073 times)

Offline Jujube

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Rachel Jeantel (Witness 8) Trayvon's Phone Friend
« Reply #390 on: June 28, 2013, 10:47:13 AM »
It's about 1:25 AM EDT, on 6/28/13. A few minutes ago, I heard on a late version of CNN's Anderson Cooper that the college Jeantel claims to have attended says they have no record of her.

AFAIK she only claimed to be attending college on her Twitter feed (or maybe Facebook).  During the trial she said that she would be entering 12th grade in high school this fall.

Also (because I see this come up a lot), she wasn't under oath when she talked to Crump the first time.  She didn't have to be totally truthful.   

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #391 on: June 28, 2013, 11:31:47 AM »
Did she say creepy-ass cracker or creepy ass-cracker?

Just wondering, since she suggested TM thought GZ was a rapist and/or pervert, the second makes more sense and hey--nothing racial!

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #392 on: June 28, 2013, 01:10:45 PM »
Also (because I see this come up a lot), she wasn't under oath when she talked to Crump the first time.  She didn't have to be totally truthful.

She wasn't subject to prosecution for perjury. The statements can be, and were, admitted to impeach her. The jury won't be instructed to disregard them, and how much weight to give them is up to the jury. That the Crump interview was unsworn, may make much difference at this stage.

Offline SuzieTampa

• Rate Post +0/-0

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #394 on: June 30, 2013, 01:52:03 AM »
RJ disputes West's conjecture that Martin could have been standing still and the wind could have been blowing into the headset.  She's definite that the wind sound in the head set could only have meant that Martin was on the move.

Somebody play the NEN call for her and ask her if Zimmerman is running right after he gets out of the truck.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #395 on: June 30, 2013, 02:17:09 AM »
Of course her mother speaks English. She had phone conversations with Sybrina...

Has it been established that Sybrina only speaks English and knows no Creole or French or Spanish?

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #396 on: June 30, 2013, 02:22:51 AM »
Could O'mara would ask every witness who was interviewed by FDLE:

Did the interview take place in Sybrina Fulton's living room?
Did Sybrina Fulton sit next to you during the interview?
Did Team Crump drive you to interview?

to emphasize how manufactured RJ's testimony was?

Especially if he gets to stand by the cardboard cutout stand-ins for Zimmerman's parents in the front row where they would otherwise be.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #397 on: June 30, 2013, 06:12:38 AM »
Has it been established that Sybrina only speaks English and knows no Creole or French or Spanish?

Heh.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #398 on: July 01, 2013, 08:44:26 AM »
Being reported that the defense will be recalling Ms. Jeantel. Apparently there's something about her buying a gun or trying to get her mother to buy her a gun...

Offline IgnatiusJDonnelly

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #399 on: July 01, 2013, 09:32:18 AM »
It would appear that some of our fellow buffs have come to the conclusion that there are least two Rachel/Dee Dees.  :o google away.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #400 on: July 01, 2013, 09:35:22 AM »
It would appear that some of our fellow buffs have come to the conclusion that there are least two Rachel/Dee Dees.  :o google away.

I hate to go down that road but listening to the Crump tape vs what we saw in court I wondered myself.

Until something substantive comes up I'm not touching it though.
 ;)

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #401 on: July 01, 2013, 07:39:26 PM »
Being reported that the defense will be recalling Ms. Jeantel. Apparently there's something about her buying a gun or trying to get her mother to buy her a gun...

It's in the cellebrite text messages that O'Mara released a few weeks ago. The ones that are marked cell phone report 1, 2. 3 etc.

I can't tell if this is Rachel or not. I thought it might be one of her friends using her phone to text ( she was careful to get out the third party calls and texts but when West asked her how often that happened, I think she said something like 2 or 3 times.)

Why is O'Mara recalling her now instead of waitng for his case? And I thought the judge said no gun evidence unless it's proved to her satisfaction it is relevant.

O'Mara should know from taking her depo if this is her or not.  Unless he didn't have the texts by the second depo.

Offline jjr495

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #402 on: July 01, 2013, 07:58:17 PM »
The number TM calls at 6:47 while RJ is on the line ,305-770-0893, is the Norland-North Center for the Arts. It is next door to Norland High where RJ is a student. This Center is part of Miami Dade  schools. Could TM have had to call in to a school line during his suspension?

[Edited with permission of commenter.)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 08:55:01 PM by TalkLeft »

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #403 on: July 01, 2013, 08:10:33 PM »
Martin and Rachel didn't talk between 5:20 and 6:30pm, when he called her and they talked for around 12.5 minutes, ending around 6:43 pm. The phone likely disconnected since she calls him right back and they talk for 3.5 minutes. (Trayvon arrived at the 7-11 at 6:30 and is seen leaving the area around 6:29.)

At 6:45 he calls Rachel back for 4 minutes 17 seconds which would be 6:50 or so. But at 6:47, he calls a Miami number, 305-770-0893 for 1 minute. Was this a three way call, and if so, who did they talk to?

At 6:50, he calls Rachel for 3.75 minutes
At 6:53, he calls Rachel for 8 seconds (perhaps it went to her voice-mail?) He calls her again at 6:54, but the call lasts only 33 seconds.

http://www.talkleft.com/story/2013/7/1/92244/82226/crimenews/Trayvon-Martin-s-Cell-Phone-Records

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #404 on: July 01, 2013, 08:23:54 PM »
thanks for posting the link, I spent hours on those phone records yesterday.
I think it was a three way call. I didn't know whose phone it was .

7 pm on a Sunday night is an odd time to have anyone check in.

Please don't post negative speculation without factual support. Suggesting Rachel was suspended without any facts is a character attack.

Site Meter
click
tracking