Author Topic: Rachel Jeantel (Witness 8) Trayvon's Phone Friend  (Read 82896 times)

Offline AghastInFL

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Rachel Jeantel (Witness 8) Trayvon's Phone Friend
« Reply #435 on: July 16, 2013, 12:11:50 PM »
As I watched the interview with Piers Morgan, I thought maybe three or four times that RJ was contradicting her trial testimony.

any details to add in that regard?
I tend to believe RJ's version of truth is constrained primarily by the current topic or audience, in equal parts.

Offline Evil Chinchilla

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #436 on: July 16, 2013, 01:13:14 PM »
Is there a full transcript of her interview somewhere?

I've only been able to find a transcrpt of a later appearance Piers Morgan did on some other CNN show where they replayed snips. It had a transcript of the "security guard" part, but not the part where she talks about the "rapist" part.

I watched it on YouTube (via Mediaite), but the end of part 2 seemed to cut off, and I'm not sure if that was all there was.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems that she's now saying that "creepy *ss cracka" doesn't mean "creepy white guy". It means "creepy gay security guard". (Given her definitions, "creepy white guy" would actually be "creepy *ss ni99*" or "creepy *ss white ni99*", I guess.)

When she says that TM reacted to her goading that GZ was "a rapist" the way "any boy or man who was not that way"* would, it sounds like she's setting up the classic "homosexual panic" defense to explain why TM decided to give GZ some "whup azz".

And since that defense is what led to the federal "hate crimes" statutes-- signed by Obama, yet-- when Matthew Shepard's killers tried to use it-- well...

She's just the gift that keeps on giving.

------
*(going on memory here, not necessarily exact words, which is why I want the transcript)

Offline IgnatiusJDonnelly

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #437 on: July 16, 2013, 01:41:26 PM »
Phineas J Chinchilla, you're a genius!

Offline Evil Chinchilla

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #438 on: July 16, 2013, 02:34:35 PM »
Thanks for the compliment, but my partner here just trumped me.

He just said "The problem with Team Crump's legal strategy is that they keep trying to use bear traps as snowshoes."

Offline txantimedia

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #439 on: July 17, 2013, 10:20:09 AM »
Here's probably more than you ever wanted to know about the etymology of the word cracker or cracka.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_%28pejorative%29

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #440 on: July 17, 2013, 10:28:32 AM »
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/07/16/rachel-jeantel-on-trayvon-martin-friendship-he-never-judged-me/

Whats next for Rachel Jeantel?

My education is first. I am educated. Trust me, I have a 3.0 Im good. I need to get my life straight because this situation got a whole lot of things in my mind so I want to clear it up.

Jeantel has been offered multiple scholarship opportunities, including one from morning radio talk show host Tom Joyner, who has offered her a tutor to help her graduate and to prep for the SAT and four years of tuition to any Historically Black College or University.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #441 on: July 17, 2013, 10:37:05 AM »
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/07/16/rachel-jeantel-on-trayvon-martin-friendship-he-never-judged-me/
morning radio talk show host Tom Joyner, who has offered her a tutor to help her graduate and to prep for the SAT and four years of tuition to any Historically Black College or University.

Joyner wants her to go to an 'historically black' school? What happened to the ideal of desegregated education?

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #442 on: July 17, 2013, 10:44:49 AM »

Perhaps the 3.0 is on a scale of 1-100. Does a perspective 21 year old valedictorian need to be able to spell 'valedictorian'  - or perhaps 'cracker'?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 10:49:33 AM by Lousy1 »

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #443 on: July 17, 2013, 10:46:17 AM »

Joyner wants her to go to an 'historically black' school? What happened to the ideal of desegregated education?

When I was in college the college (because of size and location) was very white. College decided to try and recruit more black students. Succeeded.
First thing the new black students did was form a Black Students United club and demand separate housing (like a frat or sorority).
So much for diversity.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #444 on: July 17, 2013, 10:47:24 AM »

Perpaps the 3.0 is on a scale of 1-100. Does a perspective 21 year old valedictorian need to be able to spell 'valedictorian'  - or perhaps 'cracker'?

I don't guess Jeralyn will appreciate what I was about to say next, so I suppose I'll just drop it.

But really...a 3.0?

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #445 on: July 17, 2013, 11:42:30 AM »
I don't guess Jeralyn will appreciate what I was about to say next, so I suppose I'll just drop it.

But really...a 3.0?
I have seen many commenters in the media chastising the juror for stating RJ is uneducated, some claiming it is proof of racial bias.

BDLR is the one who stated she was uneducated and unsophisticated during the trial. Didn't these knee-jerk idiots even bother watching the trial? The juror was only going by the prosecution's characterization, as they should.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #446 on: July 17, 2013, 12:17:16 PM »
The juror was only going by the prosecution's characterization, as they should.

I don't think so. The lawyers' statements aren't testimony, much less gospel.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #447 on: July 17, 2013, 12:29:33 PM »
Here is a 22 minute Rachel interview which shows her funny, charming and mostly intelligible.  I still would like a competent investigator to interview her to find out exactly what she heard that night.  She now says Trayvon swung first.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 12:31:31 PM by RickyJim »

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #448 on: July 17, 2013, 01:22:13 PM »
I don't think so. The lawyers' statements aren't testimony, much less gospel.

When the prosecution characterizes one of their witnesses in any sort of way, I'm fairly sure that's going to have an impression. No one said anything about it being absolute. Slow the OCD roll.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #449 on: July 17, 2013, 03:23:26 PM »
Here is a 22 minute Rachel interview which shows her funny, charming and mostly intelligible.

I thought she was at her least articulate. Some time after the 13 minute mark, I gave up in exhaustion from the effort of extracting meaning from the words she was saying. Did she say anything of interest after that?

At the beginning she said she expected the media attention because she 'had been watching last year', contradicting her testimony that she doesn't watch news (0:20).

She now says Trayvon swung first.

That's not how I would describe what RJ said.

RJ speculated that GZ might have started the physical struggle by trying to grab TM, after which TM might have swung a punch (10:06-11:27).

Site Meter
click
tracking