Author Topic: Rachel Jeantel (Witness 8) Trayvon's Phone Friend  (Read 107760 times)

Offline SuzieTampa

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Rachel Jeantel (Witness 8) Trayvon's Phone Friend
« Reply #465 on: July 20, 2013, 08:16:17 PM »
    More interesting points: When PM asked her would she lie, she said why would she lie? She's not getting paid.
    Now, however, she is getting material goods. She is getting to travel, stay in nice hotels, etc.
    She acknowledged that she sometimes lies, but PM said: But not in a serious trial? And she said no. So, does that mean she would have no problem lying to him and others, just as she did with TM's parents and Ben Crump? 

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #466 on: July 22, 2013, 12:43:05 PM »
Has anyone asked RJ about her relationship with TM in any detail.  Piers called them best friends.  Crump said they were dating, RJ initially said we were getting there, then they were just friends that started texting/calling on 2/1/12.  TM's mom said she started hearing her name sometime around Christmas as if maybe they were dating.  I would like someone to ask RJ how much they saw and talked to each other face to face and in what setting. 

I can't say I know RJ or TM, but I don't see them having any sort of relationship.

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #467 on: July 22, 2013, 12:58:05 PM »
Has anyone asked RJ about her relationship with TM in any detail.  Piers called them best friends.  Crump said they were dating, RJ initially said we were getting there, then they were just friends that started texting/calling on 2/1/12.  TM's mom said she started hearing her name sometime around Christmas as if maybe they were dating.  I would like someone to ask RJ how much they saw and talked to each other face to face and in what setting. 

I can't say I know RJ or TM, but I don't see them having any sort of relationship.

In her interview with huffpo she and the host coyly try to make it seems like romance was involved.

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/segment/rachel-jeantel-trayvon-martin/51e5784b2b8c2a08d90000f5

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #468 on: July 22, 2013, 01:11:12 PM »
@12:40 just after she admits Trayvon threw the first punch to "whoop ass" on George.

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #469 on: July 22, 2013, 02:41:31 PM »
@12:40 just after she admits Trayvon threw the first punch to "whoop ass" on George.

<And thats why I love him>

Probably not Tristan and Isolde

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #470 on: July 22, 2013, 02:45:30 PM »
I think RJ's most complete description of her relationship with TM was on West's cross (video, 31:35-34:06).

They met when both were in 2d grade, contradicting her 4/2 statement to Bernie, which implied that at least one of them was in kindergarten.

They lost contact completely 'when we got to high school'.

On 2/1/12, which was RJ's birthday, they met again because TM was visiting some of his friends who lived in RJ's neighborhood. 

33:07-22
West: So you would then talk with him on the phone quite a bit, and text with him, beginning about February first?
RJ: Yes.
West: But you weren't, in any way, his girlfriend?
RJ: No.
West: And you hadn't ever actually gone on a date?
RJ: No.

West then asked if she and TM had met in person two or three times in February, suggesting to me that RJ said that in her deposition. RJ indicated that they met far more frequently than that, without specifying how many times. West moved on without asking for more details. He didn't ask about the circumstances of any of the meetings.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #471 on: July 22, 2013, 02:50:37 PM »
I think RJ's most complete description of her relationship with TM was on West's cross (video, 31:35-34:06).

They met when both were in 2d grade, contradicting her 4/2 statement to Bernie, which implied that at least one of them was in kindergarten.

They lost contact completely 'when we got to high school'.

On 2/1/12, which was RJ's birthday, they met again because TM was visiting some of his friends who lived in RJ's neighborhood. 

33:07-22
West then asked if she and TM had met in person two or three times in February, suggesting to me that RJ said that in her deposition. RJ indicated that they met far more frequently than that, without specifying how many times. West moved on without asking for more details. He didn't ask about the circumstances of any of the meetings.

Wouldn't the difference in ages account for that? She's a year or so older, right?

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #472 on: July 22, 2013, 02:54:55 PM »
If TM just turned 17 and she is almost 20 2nd Grade/ Kindergarten makes more sense. Does RJ provide cigars for younger friends?

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #473 on: July 22, 2013, 03:03:47 PM »
If TM just turned 17 and she is almost 20

RJ was 18 on 2/1/12. TM was 17 on 2/5/12.

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #474 on: July 22, 2013, 03:05:55 PM »
RJ was 18 on 2/1/12. TM was 17 on 2/5/12.

Thanks

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #475 on: July 22, 2013, 03:13:05 PM »
In her interview with huffpo she and the host coyly try to make it seems like romance was involved.

My takeaway from that, was that if TM was RJ's boyfriend, she wouldn't want to admit it in public.

But I guess the idea of them having some kind of hush-hush, Romeo and Juliet romance was something the host thought would appeal to his audience.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #476 on: July 23, 2013, 03:43:51 PM »
Wouldn't the difference in ages account for that? She's a year or so older, right?

RJ is in HS at 19, so she probably repeated a grade. If it was the 1st or 2d, RJ and TM could have been in 2d grade at the same time.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #478 on: July 25, 2013, 06:26:39 PM »
that was interesting to watch. Rachel's lawyer admits she gets her words wrong sometimes.

And now we know unnamed persons were prepping her for her for her court appearance with respect to her clothing and what would happen, and were so concerned she didn't understand what court was about, they called in Vereen at the last minute. He said those people were not the state's attorney's office.

The end discussion about Rush was pretty irrelevant in my view to anything, but up until that, he does reveal some things.

Offline ding7777

• Rate Post +19/-59
« Reply #479 on: July 26, 2013, 12:50:10 AM »
Rachel and Sharpton.

IMO, RJ spoke more clearly with Sharpton.  Maybe she is getting more comfortable being interviewed or she is less defensive with a black interviewer.

Site Meter
click
tracking