Author Topic: Jenna Lauer (Witness 11) and Jeremy Weinberg (Witness 20)  (Read 14185 times)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Jenna Lauer (Witness 11) and Jeremy Weinberg (Witness 20)
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2013, 11:49:03 PM »
I don't see anything at your link

I see roughly this.
                     Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!
Thanks for noticing—we're going to fix it up and have things back to normal soon.

It looks like a site temporarily down. It may have crashed because a subset of a nation wide audience were doing the same search.

annoyedbeyond
I find it hard to believe she'd tell a blatant lie like that in court.

Ditto.

Offline Cylinder

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • IANAL
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2013, 12:23:39 AM »
How could she know at the time of the Serino interview that her account of the scuffle outside would help Zimmerman?  I was sort of surprised that Bernardo was the one to get that out of her today.  Why did the prosecution call her at all?  Is he going to call John Good next and have him describe what he saw on his lawn?

They have to call Good. Just like they had to call Lauer. They saw or heard more than any other witness and if the state doesn't call them, the defense can not only call them but point out that the state didn't. They are wedging witnesses that support Zimmerman's claim between witnesses that dispute it, hoping to tear down those witness by contrast. Then they will build a forensic case, then attack Zimmerman's statements.

This all falls apart, though if the jury accepts that the altercation started at the T and ended at Good's townhome. That means the pro-Zimmerman witnesses are in the best position to see what happened.

All in my layperson opinion.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2013, 12:50:13 AM »
In regard to the reputation evidence, I think the state may argue that even though O'Mara didn't ask about GZ's reputation, Lauer's answer opened the door because O'Mara's question invited the answer she gave. See Cordoba v. Rodriguez, 939 So. 2d 319 (Fla. 4th DCA 2006) for the theory behind this.  Put another way, a witness's answer can open the door if it's responsive to the question. I think the argument's wrong for couple of reasons. First, all the cases I've found that depend on this theory involve situations where an attorney for one side asks a question, and the witness's response provides normally inadmissible evidence. The question then is whether the improper evidence is grounds for reversal. That's somewhat different from the question of whether a witness's response should permit rebuttal evidence to come in as if the attorney had opened the door through a question. The second reason is simply that I don't believe O'Mara's question invited the response of Lauer's opinion of GZ's character. O'Mara asked whether Lauer had heard GZ scream in any of the meetings. If Lauer had replied only that GZ wasn't a hothead, that answer would be non-responsive to the question. Witnesses are often asked about a defendant's actions at a particular time. That shouldn't put them at risk of opening the door for reputation rebuttal if the witness adds an unsolicited opinion of the defendant's general character.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2013, 06:53:21 AM »
A proffer is when potential evidence is presented to a judge so the judge can rule on its admissibility. Its done outside the presence of the jury.

Thank you.

She seemed to know about than he did, and she has issued ZERO tweets.  She pointed out a number of people that she doesn't even know, and "see, it says click here to follow, that doesn't mean I am following them."

I think JL just figured that out on the fly. It wasn't knowing more than Bernie. It was being smarter.

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2013, 07:00:24 AM »
I think JL just figured that out on the fly. It wasn't knowing more than Bernie. It was being smarter.

Jeralyn pointed out that Bernie was right, at least according to a particular live twitter page that she linked to yesterday.  I clicked on that page, and Robert Jr. was in the witnesses "Following" list.  There were 121 or so (from memory, certainly more than 100) people she was following.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2013, 10:09:09 AM »
Jeralyn pointed out that Bernie was right, at least according to a particular live twitter page that she linked to yesterday.  I clicked on that page, and Robert Jr. was in the witnesses "Following" list.  There were 121 or so (from memory, certainly more than 100) people she was following.

Again, I find it hard to believe she'd tell a lie like that there on the stand with Bernie and O'Mara mere inches from her looking at the same screen.

Maybe Jeralyn did find something that looked like it was her twitter page. I didn't see it when I clicked on it.

Offline IgnatiusJDonnelly

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2013, 10:24:26 AM »

I took this screengrab before it went down. I moved up the some of the entries so you can see clearly they were on the "following page" -- in other words, these aren't the order the names were in but they were all on the following page.

Excuse me, I don't Tweet but is that screen grab a list of people she's following or a list of Suggestions of potential people to follow which Twitter provides? That is what JL claimed.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2013, 10:29:30 AM »
I have to wonder, if she's already following those people, why is the "follow" icon so prominent beside their names?

Also--how does she rate 351 followers if she's never ever tweeted ("0 tweets").

I hate to be that guy, but are we sure that's her twitter page, and not a look alike?

Offline Cylinder

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • IANAL
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2013, 10:37:57 AM »
The confusion was that she was shown her account from the perspective of another account, which wasn't following RZ, Jr. She was following him, the account from which they accessed her list was not. It gives you the suggestion to follow people that the person you are viewing follow. The person whose account it was shown from was not. She has 0 tweets so that supports the idea that she wasn't aware of this.  Bernie was clueless and O'Mara looked like a possum on roadkill. Everybody's happy.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2013, 10:38:39 AM »
Jeralyn pointed out that Bernie was right, at least according to a particular live twitter page that she linked to yesterday.

I'm aware.

I don't know much about Twitter. I only started using it recently, when I realized that it's useful for getting breaking news direct from on-scene reporters, and that's all I use it for. I saw the screen capture Jeralyn posted, but I don't know how to interpret it.

JL doesn't strike me as dumb enough to tell a lie she would be so easily caught in. It's also a pointless lie, since it's easy to point out that RZ Jr.'s twitter feed is followed by a ton of people who love to hate him. Unless they found something in her social media expressing positive sentiments toward RZ Jr., they would have nothing. And if that exists, I don't think it could be hidden, unless (a) it was taken down quickly and (b) the companies successfully fight off the subpoenas. But, again, I'm an old dude who is fairly clueless about social media.

Bottom line, I'm skeptical until this is confirmed.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2013, 10:47:34 AM »
The confusion was that she was shown her account from the perspective of another account, which wasn't following RZ, Jr. She was following him, the account from which they accessed her list was not. It gives you the suggestion to follow people that the person you are viewing follow. The person whose account it was shown from was not. She has 0 tweets so that supports the idea that she wasn't aware of this.  Bernie was clueless and O'Mara looked like a possum on roadkill. Everybody's happy.

That doesn't explain Jeralyn's screen shot does it?

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2013, 10:48:32 AM »
I'm aware.

I don't know much about Twitter. I only started using it recently, when I realized that it's useful for getting breaking news direct from on-scene reporters, and that's all I use it for. I saw the screen capture Jeralyn posted, but I don't know how to interpret it.

JL doesn't strike me as dumb enough to tell a lie she would be so easily caught in. It's also a pointless lie, since it's easy to point out that RZ Jr.'s twitter feed is followed by a ton of people who love to hate him. Unless they found something in her social media expressing positive sentiments toward RZ Jr., they would have nothing. And if that exists, I don't think it could be hidden, unless (a) it was taken down quickly and (b) the companies successfully fight off the subpoenas. But, again, I'm an old dude who is fairly clueless about social media.

Bottom line, I'm skeptical until this is confirmed.

Stop saying things where I agree with you! ;D

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2013, 10:48:43 AM »
I think it is also worth noting that people often follow people they disagree with or dislike. I don' t have a twitter account but still check it out frequently. If Holder were to pull up my browsing history on the government super secret database he might mistakingly conclude I am a huge fan of Natalie Jackson.

Offline IgnatiusJDonnelly

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2013, 10:51:08 AM »

Thanks Cylinder (I think)  :o :-[   Now I'm confused. I just registered for Twitter, Talkleft PI that I am.

Update I'm not confused anymore. I followed someone and checked their followers.
BTW I'll be Tweeting under the annoyedbeyond moniker. Stay tuned.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 10:54:19 AM by IgnatiusJDonnelly »

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2013, 10:51:52 AM »
Stop saying things where I agree with you! ;D

AB, I think you and I have always agreed on about 90% of the controversial issues in this case. You just don't want to see that, apparently because it upsets you so much that I don't agree with just a few of your cherished beliefs.

Site Meter
click
tracking