Author Topic: Day 2 Trial Witnesses: June 25, 2013  (Read 3989 times)

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Day 2 Trial Witnesses: June 25, 2013
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2013, 05:46:07 PM »
I have a clear recollection that Guy said on Monday something like, "His own words will prove his guilt".  Well, other witnesses don't seem to be accomplishing that at all.  We should expect at least a day of all of Zimmerman's statements to the police and the Hannity interview to be read into the record. I can't believe thr prosecution is serious about the 220 witnesses.  The jury might quit en masse.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2013, 08:16:05 PM »
I have a clear recollection that Guy said on Monday something like, "His own words will prove his guilt". 

Quoted verbatim (from a re-watch).

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2013, 12:42:38 AM »
West also used every opportunity to point out that her husband, OFC Smith, was first to arrive on scene. I guess since the state skipped him in their chronology, that are skipping him to avoid introducing Zimmerman's statements to him that were the subject of an earlier motion.

Really good point. Nice catch.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2013, 04:24:01 AM »
West also used every opportunity to point out that her husband, OFC Smith, was first to arrive on scene. I guess since the state skipped him in their chronology, that are skipping him to avoid introducing Zimmerman's statements to him that were the subject of an earlier motion.

Guy mentioned Officer Smith in the opening statement, although not by name, as a witness the jury would hear from (Video, 45:41).

Guy described Smith as 'the first officer that had contact with this defendant'. Guy may have named Smith later in the opening statement, but he didn't at this point.

I'm thinking that they only needed one officer to testify to the overall course of events at the crime scene, and Smith wouldn't be good for that because he soon left with Zimmerman. Guy indicated that Smith will testify to Zimmerman's demeanor after the shooting. Manalo will also be a witness to that. I'm thinking Smith and Manolo will follow the other bystander witnesses, along with Cutcher and Mora if the state wants to put them on. After that may come the detectives and maybe other SPD people.

Guy also said the jury would hear from some of the SFD rescue responders. Maybe they will be mixed in with the bystander witnesses.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2013, 06:57:54 AM »
Did West establish with Diana Smith that the keychain flashlight was found turned on and the larger flashlight was found turned off?  Certainly an important point but I don't remember it being brought out.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2013, 07:01:53 AM »
Did West establish with Diana Smith that the keychain flashlight was found turned on and the larger flashlight was found turned off? 

I recall clearly that West asked Smith about the keychain flashlight, and she said it was on, just as in her report (80/184).

I don't recall with regard to the larger flashlight, but it's in two of Manalo's photos.

Offline Cylinder

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • IANAL
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2013, 07:45:26 AM »
I recall clearly that West asked Smith about the keychain flashlight, and she said it was on, just as in her report (80/184).

Yup. West had her commit to the light being on by her own, specific observation, that she did not move of manipulate the flashlight and that she had no reason to believe that anyone else did.

Offline Cylinder

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • IANAL
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2013, 11:49:55 AM »
Bless this woman for telling the truth in court. I know she was just trying to help in her mind, but I think she's had time to reflect on the import of her testimony.

Offline Cylinder

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • IANAL
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2013, 11:53:05 AM »
O'Mara has Manalo repeatedly repeat that she didn't step outside. That's to set that fact in the jury's mind when Good comes up later.

Site Meter
click
tracking