Author Topic: Selene Bahadoor, RATL resident  (Read 12062 times)

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Selene Bahadoor, RATL resident
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2013, 04:42:07 PM »
Now we need the transcript from today's session to see how BDLR got her to say left to right.  Is it credible that he didn't know that was coming?  Would it have been worth putting her on just to get out that one of the participants in the fight looked like they might be standing?

Not exact, but a quickie transcription listening to a recording of the testimony

Did you also hear some kind of movement outside the back of your residence? Yes.

Can you describe that to the jury please.  It sounded like running from the left to the right.

And when you say from left to right, if I am in your residence, and looking outside, you are talking from the left to the right ... Yes.

And when you say running, what do you mean by that?  Sounded like something hitting the concrete

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2013, 05:00:57 PM »
Here is the written report on Selene's 3/20 interview with John Batchelor of FDLE. There is also a recording of this interview. On the recording, she says she talked to Matt of World News. Matt asked her if she knows GZ. She told him she knows George and had spoken to him a few times . Matt asked her if she thought GZ would have done this and she said no, he's always been okay with her.

She tells the FDLE she didn't know him personally but remembers him coming around when he was telling neighbors about the Neighborhood Watch. He introduced himself to her and invited her to come to a homeowners meeting about it.

She didn't talk to police on 2/26. It was after the town hall meeting that she asked for someone to call her and Serino did, om March 1.

She says her niece and her niece's little girlfriend were in the house but they wouldn't have seen anything in the back at all because they were looking out the front the whole time.

All she saw was what looked like arms flailing. She couldn't make out  the figures. She couldn't make out what was being said, she just heard sounds. John Good (witness 6) came out at that time and said what's going on, twice and then said he's going to call the police. She also says they were closest to the screened in porch (at 1211 Twin Trees Lane.) She only looked out once before the shooting. She says that a few times. She provides a drawing. (Note that it's flipped. She has her house on the left and screened porch and John's house on the right.)

After the shot, she saw the body face down. A cop was there shining a flashlight. More cops came and started doing CPR. It looked like his legs were in a running position (apparently meaning one up, one down.) She remembers a jacket and sweatpants and black sneakers on the body. She thinks the pants were gray. The jacket was reddish color. She didn't see a second person, only the body and the cops. She thinks the hands were "in this kind of position" but she's not sure. (She doesn't say they were underneath him.)

So on 3/1 and 3/20 she didn't see any running in any direction. When she looked outside, which was at the same time as when John came out, they would have been down on the ground, not running.  It was only about 60 seconds between when she saw the arms and heard the shot.

This is the summary report of her sister mentioning left to right on 3/26.

I think she totally got the left to right from her sister because she never said it on 3/1 or 3/20.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 08:22:30 PM by TalkLeft »

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2013, 05:11:52 PM »
See Diwataman's comment from February on this. He also wonders whether the new report of the 8 year old isn't either the niece or her girlfriend. (But there's another thread to discuss that, so keep this to Selene and her sister.)

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2013, 05:13:17 PM »
Not exact, but a quickie transcription listening to a recording of the testimony

Did you also hear some kind of movement outside the back of your residence? Yes.

Can you describe that to the jury please.  It sounded like running from the left to the right.

And when you say from left to right, if I am in your residence, and looking outside, you are talking from the left to the right ... Yes.

And when you say running, what do you mean by that?  Sounded like something hitting the concrete
I suppose this won't be enough to accuse BDLR of another discovery violation.  But maybe the defense will try, just to PO the judge some more.  It seems O'Mara was thinking along those lines near the end of the session.  :D

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2013, 05:20:36 PM »
The parties don't have to share their witness prep interviews. Those are usually work product. Only if something exculpatory or impeaching comes up do they have to disclose it. There may not even be a written report of this interview.  Bernie would say this isn't impeaching, it's an amplification, because she was never asked about direction before. A new fact helpful to the state during the course of witness prep isn't a discovery violation.

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2013, 05:20:47 PM »
I suppose this won't be enough to accuse BDLR of another discovery violation.  But maybe the defense will try, just to PO the judge some more.  It seems O'Mara was thinking along those lines near the end of the session.  :D

I'd say it is circumstantial evidence of discovery violation, at the very least.

Offline vegas

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2013, 06:34:59 PM »
Martin's parents sit there dabbing their eyes. Today both walked out of the Court room during testimony and yesterday, the Mom did. Is this prejudicial to Zimmerman in his fair trial rights? How long can they do this. It does not seem fair particularly after the Zimmerman family got kicked out.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2013, 07:41:29 PM »
Martin's parents sit there dabbing their eyes. Today both walked out of the Court room during testimony and yesterday, the Mom did. Is this prejudicial to Zimmerman in his fair trial rights? How long can they do this. It does not seem fair particularly after the Zimmerman family got kicked out.

When Nelson was discussing the victim's family exception to sequestration (which I think only applies when the victim is a minor), she said one of the caveats was that there must be no prejudicial emotional displays. I think the question is, would walking out be considered an emotional display, or an honest measure for avoiding making a display in the courtroom.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2013, 07:42:20 PM »
Just to clarify: Someone looking out at the dog walk from #1/#2's house would be facing West. So left to right would be South to North.

That's correct.

Offline Cylinder

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • IANAL
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2013, 07:57:11 PM »
I think the question is, would walking out be considered an emotional display, or an honest measure for avoiding making a display in the courtroom.

I was wondering that too. In our circuit court, the door swings one way when anyone's talking. If you have to leave during court business, you're not readmitted for that day. You can leave during breaks or in municipal court you can leave in the middle of blocks of cases (they usually call them 5 at a time in traffic court and hear each plea.)

Offline Cylinder

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • IANAL
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2013, 09:22:43 PM »
One point I missed in this thread seemed like a throwaway at the time. Mark O'Mara asked Ms. Bahadoor, "Did your sister (W2) tell you she wasgoing to duplicate your story?" and "Did your sister (W2) tell you that she didn't see anything, but that she was going to say that she did?"

Does O'Mara have the goods?

Offline vegas

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2013, 10:59:19 PM »
When Nelson was discussing the victim's family exception to sequestration (which I think only applies when the victim is a minor), she said one of the caveats was that there must be no prejudicial emotional displays. I think the question is, would walking out be considered an emotional display, or an honest measure for avoiding making a display in the courtroom.
Dabbing their eyes all the time like blotting tears seems emotional display to me.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2013, 01:02:09 AM »
If the defense can line up the timeline of Selene Bahadoor seeing flailing arms and John Good seeing TM on top of GZ, they will have strong support for Good's original "raining down blows" version.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 01:03:57 AM by MJW »

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2013, 06:46:17 AM »
I found my earlier post on the inconsistencies of W-2.

I edited a bit that was only relevant to the discussion it was originally part of.

W-2 didn't say 'shadows' until her 3/26 SAO interview (29/284). As with most of the SAO interviews, we have the summary, not a recording. The summary doesn't say a recording was made.

According to the summary, she said the shadows were running from left to right, which would be south to north.

The SAO summary also says that W-2 said she saw whatever she saw from her own bedroom. In her FDLE interview it was her sister's bedroom.

In her first statement to Serino she said she saw a chase from the kitchen window, and a fistfight looking out the sliding door. Later she told Serino she only saw the chase as she glanced out her bedroom window. They both seemed to have forgotten the fistfight.

Audio of W-2 interviews.

One thing I failed to emphasize, is that the kitchen in the unit is downstairs, and the bedrooms upstairs. So, in her first interview, W-2 claimed to be downstairs, where her sister, Selene Bahadoor (W-1), actually was. In all her later interviews, W-2 said she was upstairs.

Bahadoor was always consistent that she was downstairs and her sister was upstairs.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 06:48:14 AM by nomatter_nevermind »

Site Meter
click
tracking