I posted this on the main site as a help for newbies. We will be hearing more about this, especially if Zimmerman takes the stand.
1. Notice that Zimmerman twice tries to give directions to his car but fails because he can't remember the name of the street it is parked on, Twin Trees Lane. One attempt is before and the other after he gets out of the car. Why is he fixated at those points with having the cops meet him where the car was currently parked? Nobody knows. In the previous calls, which Mantei had played for the jury on 6/26, he made no attempt to meet the cops except one where he told them to go to the back entrance where he would let them in.
2. As he exits the car he tells the dispatcher that Martin is heading towards the back entrance. So why didn't he drive there instead as he had done previously? Nobody knows. What more did he expect to see on foot in the rainy darkness? Again, nobody knows.
3. In an interview Zimmerman claims that the dispatcher was right that he should get back to his car but he wanted first to get a street sign (replaced in later interviews by address) to give the dispatcher. On 6/27, during Jenna Lauer's testimony, BDLR pointed out that Zimmerman could have gotten the address of her townhouse by walking around Jeremy Weinberg's truck which was close to Zimmerman's own. But it can be answered that Zimmerman didn't know which street it was on. Notice that the dispatcher didn't ask for the address where Z's car was parked until over a minute after Zimmerman had left it.
4. In later interviews Zimmerman claimed to go to the Retreat View Circle end of the cut through to get an address. He never gave the dispatcher that address. Nobody knows why. RVC has a street light at the south end where Zimmerman may have hoped to see Martin leaving through the back entrance.
4. After Zimmerman said OK to the dispatcher, he kept going forward towards Retreat View Circle. His strong defenders claim he stopped following Martin at that point. Accepting that depends on whether or not you believe, if his utility flashlight had been working, he would have turned south down the dogpath to continue following Martin.