Author Topic: SPD Investigator Doris Singleton, 7/1/13  (Read 10899 times)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: SPD Investigator Doris Singleton, 7/1/13
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2013, 10:32:54 AM »
12:29 PM

Nelson admonishing jury before lunch break.

12:30 PM

Jury dismissed until 1:30 PM.

Nelson admonished and dismissed DS.

Recess for lunch, 12:31 PM to 1:30 PM.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2013, 10:33:12 AM »
I don't think any version has two circlings.
I am pretty sure I just heard two circlings, at the clubhouse and at the cut through.  Both were mentioned while they were trying to mark up the map.

Offline redstripe

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2013, 10:34:44 AM »
"He got on top and held the suspects hands away from his body".  I suppose it is not clear how far out from the body he got them.

In the recording he mentions that TM was still talking, and that he issued a verbal command to him while he was grabbing his arms.  If this is taken to be true, it wouldn't be unreasonable to infer that TM's default reaction was to  clutch his chest and that he had to be coerced physically to move his arms, but would naturally return to that default position afterwards.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 10:37:29 AM by redstripe »

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2013, 10:56:19 AM »
I am pretty sure I just heard two circlings, at the clubhouse and at the cut through.  Both were mentioned while they were trying to mark up the map.

Singleton asked Zimmerman if it was at the clubhouse that Martin circled the car. Remember, in the first statement Zimmerman didn't say where the circling happened. Zimmerman didn't mention moving the car, so it seemed like the circling would have happened in the first place he parked.

In the second interview, as they drew on the map and they were on Zimmerman parked at the clubhouse, Singleton asked if this was when the car was circled, I think more than once. Zimmerman always said no until after the car was moved. There was only one circling, on TTL.

I linked the audio upthread. (One link for all the SPD interviews, except the reenactment.)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 11:04:47 AM by nomatter_nevermind »

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2013, 11:02:08 AM »
surprised to see no mention of Bernie showing GZ's SSN to the world.

Prosecutorial misconduct.

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2013, 11:13:56 AM »
No, because Jeremy's truck was in the way.  The addresses are at the same place on all the houses.  They will roast Zimmerman over this.

IGZ's written statement from that evening makes specific mention that he was looking for a street sign, which would be part of an address. 

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2013, 11:16:52 AM »
I don't know if Bernie finished his direct of Singleton before the lunch recess. They were on the written statement. I don't know if Singleton finished reading it aloud. They may plan to put Serino on before they play the 2/29/12 interview. Or, they may be going to take Singleton through all the interviews she participated in. That would include the reenactment, maybe part of the hand-holding session before the CVSA, and then 2/29. In that case she may be up there all day for direct, and come back tomorrow for cross.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2013, 11:20:43 AM »
IGZ's written statement from that evening makes specific mention that he was looking for a street sign, which would be part of an address.
So why did he tell Singleton that he looked at Lauer's house to find an address and when he didn't see one there he went to the dog path to look for one?  Have you had your olfactory sense tested recently?

Offline leftwig

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2013, 11:32:46 AM »
So why did he tell Singleton that he looked at Lauer's house to find an address and when he didn't see one there he went to the dog path to look for one?  Have you had your olfactory sense tested recently?
Not concerned about your opinion.

I am pointing out that GZ wrote specifically in his statement that he got out of his vehicle to look for a street sign.  IT wasn't some time later that he made this point up, he put pen to paper that evening after Singleton's first interview.  Is 1221 (or whatever number their house is) an address, or is 1221 Twin Trees Lane an address? 

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2013, 11:34:46 AM »
1:34 PM

Bernie continuing direct of DS.

ETA: Bernie asked about Serino's brief interview of GZ after midnight on 2/27/12. She said she didn't know about it at the time.

It looks like they are going to use Singleton's direct to give the jurors an outline of all of GZ's interviews.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 11:43:49 AM by nomatter_nevermind »

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2013, 11:35:01 AM »
She just said GZ had blood coming out of one ear.

Y'all do know that's a bad thing, right?

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2013, 11:39:27 AM »
Bernie played recording of GZ's DNA cheek swab prior to CVSA.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2013, 11:44:35 AM »
With that question (about the cross and how she said based on what he told her he was justified), was Bernie raising the white flag?

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2013, 11:48:13 AM »
Bernie has been asking DS about conversations she had with GZ that weren't recorded. One was when they talked about Catholicism and self-defense, which has been discussed here before.

Another was when GZ first learned TM was dead. Singleton said she was surprised that he didn't already know. I was typing and didn't catch when this conversation happened.

O'Mara on cross, 1:46 PM.

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2013, 11:55:46 AM »
That Zimmerman was the one screaming is not a fact in evidence?  That fact is in evidence, it was testified to by Smith and other officers, and it is allowable under the motion for res gestae statements.

Site Meter
click
tracking