Author Topic: SPD Investigator Doris Singleton, 7/1/13  (Read 9792 times)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: SPD Investigator Doris Singleton, 7/1/13
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2013, 11:58:00 AM »
With that question (about the cross and how she said based on what he told her he was justified), was Bernie raising the white flag?

No.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2013, 11:58:49 AM »
Bernie is objecting furiously. I'm not sure he fully understands why. Nelson tells O'Mara he needs to lay groundwork. O'Mara agrees and is trying to--but Bernie starts objecting furiously again and demands a sidebar, granted.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2013, 11:59:54 AM »
No.

You're certain of this? You have a direct line into Bernie's brain?

Unless you do--why not answer "I don't think so" or "Probably not".

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2013, 12:01:34 PM »
O'Mara has been asking a bunch of questions aimed at establishing how little information GZ had to use in possibly tailoring his statements.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2013, 12:04:59 PM »
Not concerned about your opinion.

I am pointing out that GZ wrote specifically in his statement that he got out of his vehicle to look for a street sign.  IT wasn't some time later that he made this point up, he put pen to paper that evening after Singleton's first interview.  Is 1221 (or whatever number their house is) an address, or is 1221 Twin Trees Lane an address?
Before the written statement
Zimmerman: I got out of my vehicle to look at this house’s address, and see if there was a sign there.
Singleton: OK.
Zimmerman: There wasn’t.
Zimmerman: So I walked through the dog walk to see if there was a sign here
Singleton: OK
Zimmerman: or an address that I could make out easier.
Are we to believe that Zimmerman didn't know that in his neighborhood the only place there were street signs were at intersections?  And he didn't know the backs of houses had neither addresses nor street signs?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 12:08:56 PM by RickyJim »

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2013, 12:05:53 PM »
Before the written statementAre we to believe that Zimmerman didn't know that in his neighborhood he didn't know that the only place there were street signs was at intersection?  And the backs of houses had neither addresses nor street signs?

Why not? I'd imagine they have street signs and numbers behind houses in Europe.

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2013, 12:10:25 PM »
Why not? I'd imagine they have street signs and numbers behind houses in Europe.

Dayglo, and luminescent, lighted with spotlights, and large enough that Mr. Magoo could read them.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2013, 12:10:32 PM »
O'Mara took Singleton back to an important moment on direct that none of us live-blogged at the time.

DS said that when GZ realized that TM was dead, he looked down at the table. O'Mara got her to repeat that, and asked if she didn't also say that he shook his head negatively. I didn't catch her answer.

A bit later DS said GZ 'seemed affected'.

O'Mara asked if GZ showed anger toward TM, and took DS through the M2 terms, 'hatred', 'ill-will'. 'No' to all.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2013, 12:10:44 PM »
She doesn't think GZ was lying in his multiple statements because they were very consistent.

Hmmmm.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2013, 12:12:46 PM »
Running vs walking say isn't a big deal, according to DS. That's gonna cause some friction among some.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2013, 12:13:37 PM »
What is this?  Singleton didn't know what Zimmerman told Smith about the screaming.  So what?  If I were a juror I would just love to strangle O'Mara.

Don't throw stones, RickyJim, you'll break your own house.

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2013, 12:13:44 PM »
O'Mara using Singleton as a resource that people being questioned do not tell a story the same way with every telling.  None of the variations between Zimmerman's accounts are viewed as "significant" in her mind.

The difference between "running" or "walking" happened before Zimmerman lost sight of Martin, so the difference is not important.

She thought Zimmerman would have know the names of the streets, and that made her think that Zimmerman maybe wanted to get out of the car.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2013, 12:25:03 PM »
Bernie on redirect. He asked DS if she would agree that it was the jurors' opinions that mattered, and not hers. Yes.

Bernie's demeanor when asking this was excessively pompous in my opinion. I doubt the jurors were charmed.

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2013, 12:27:11 PM »
When out there, Singleton is looking at the bushes, and thinking "the kid is pretty tall, which bushes was he hiding behind?"

Recross by Bernardo.  Singleton admits she was testifying about her opinion.

Bernardo is rattled.  Zimmerman was afraid of Zimmerman, errrr, Martin.  Asking about Zimmerman being in fear of Martin.  This cross exam is hurting Bernardo.  Did Zimmerman express why he holstered his gun if he thought Martin was still alive"  Isn't that significant to you?  Do you holster your gun when you are apprehending?  No.

Bernardo tries to get her to admit that all her answers to O'Mara were speculation.  So, you didn't know what was in Zimmerman's heart or mind when he got out to, in his words, "follow" this unarmed little boy.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2013, 12:29:45 PM »
In the second interview, as they drew on the map and they were on Zimmerman parked at the clubhouse, Singleton asked if this was when the car was circled, I think more than once. Zimmerman always said no until after the car was moved. There was only one circling, on TTL.
Singleton: OK. And you said this, this….at some point he comes back and circles your car? Has he already done that?
Zimmerman: He looked into my vehicle…
Zimmerman: But he didn’t circle it at that point in time.
OK, I think I get it.  Martin looked into the car at the clubhouse but didn't circle until the car was at the cut through.

Site Meter
click
tracking