Author Topic: SPD Investigator Doris Singleton, 7/1/13  (Read 11170 times)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: SPD Investigator Doris Singleton, 7/1/13
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2013, 01:45:26 AM »
My copy of the cvsa video starts at 6:18 pm on the 27th with the examiner and GZ in a room and the examiner talking to GZ.

Most internet versions start at that time. I would describe the scene a bit differently.

There are four people, GZ, a technician preparing to take his DNA mouth swab, Serino, and the examiner, Investigator William Irwin. GZ is the only one sitting. The door of the room is open, and Irwin is walking in and out, in the middle of saying something that doesn't make much sense without the context, something about the police chief and how many doors are in the building. I doubt it's intended for GZ. At one point the technician says a couple of words in response, that I've never tried to make out.

ETA: I don't think the CVSA was shown at all on 7/1/13. For a few minutes I mistakenly thought it was because until now it was the only video I had seen in an interrogation room. But it seems all the SPD interviews were done in such rooms, except for the third part of 2/29/12 (in Serino's office), and of course the reenactment.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 01:50:12 AM by nomatter_nevermind »

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2013, 02:54:49 AM »
Correct, they didn't show the cvsa video in court. But I pulled the copy I referred to off of the state's media site again tonight to check it, so it's not an internet version, but the one the state gave the defense in discovery.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2013, 06:01:38 AM »
I pulled the copy I referred to off of the state's media site again tonight to check it

Yes, I assumed that yours was straight from the source. My point was that it seems to be the same version that I, and I suppose some others, have been using.

And I just realized that my first post on this subject was in the wrong thread. The post I was responding to is in the Serino thread. I'm sorry. It was careless of me.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2013, 06:35:41 AM »
I strongly suspect Singleton has some Native American/American Indian ancestry.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2013, 03:35:24 PM »
I strongly suspect Singleton has some Native American/American Indian ancestry.

I think you're right.

Offline ding7777

• Rate Post +19/-59
« Reply #95 on: July 06, 2013, 06:27:41 AM »
"I had a silver cross on and he asked me if I was Catholic, I said, No. I'm Christian"

This is the 1st time I ever heard someone claim Catholics are not Christians.  Is this normal thinking in the post-KKK South?

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #96 on: July 06, 2013, 07:17:02 AM »
"I had a silver cross on and he asked me if I was Catholic, I said, No. I'm Christian"

This is the 1st time I ever heard someone claim Catholics are not Christians.  Is this normal thinking in the post-KKK South?

It's not that abnormal, south or not.

LOL. I've even seen people described as "Catholic Christians" which made me think of "Coptic Christian". Some Protestants don't like the idea of a Pope, they think there shouldn't be any barrier between God and man.

Or something.

(Went to Catholic middle and high school. Not Catholic. Seen and heard a bunch.)

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #97 on: July 06, 2013, 09:12:24 AM »

I think what she meant was that she is a Christian, but not one of the Roman Catholic variety.

In other words, the cross doesn't mean she's Catholic but it also is not just decorative and as unrelated to Jesus as '60s surfers' Maltese Crosses were to WWI Germany.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2013, 07:52:56 AM »
On video (54:33), there's something interesting we all missed.

On the Zimmerman/Singleton map, GZ's markings include a rectangular blob that has always puzzled me, since it doesn't seem to be mentioned in the associated part of the interview recording. It's on Retreat View Circle, between Taaffe's building and the clubhouse.

In her trial testimony Singleton indicated an X within the rectangular blob, more visible in the color version, as TM's location when GZ first sighted him. It is on the street in front of 1320 RVC, the 2nd unit of the building next to Taaffe's. It is very close to the division between the 2nd unit and the 3rd (1330 RVC).

This location is obviously some distance from the one indicated in the reenactment (1:23). Using Google Earth ruler, I estimate 180 feet.

Serino may be confused in her recollections. The map appears to have an 'X' closer to the reenactment location (blow-up).

OTOH, the map also shows GZ to have already passed the reenactment location when GZ first saw TM (video, 53:46). That's a minor anomaly I noticed long ago but never thought worth mentioning. In combination with Singleton's statement about the markings in front of 1320 RVC, it suggests a picture somewhat different than that indicated in the reenactment.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2013, 06:28:33 PM »
On video (54:33), there's something interesting we all missed.

I've discovered the video I linked there isn't reliable.

A better one, I hope (49:46).

Site Meter
click
tracking