Author Topic: Week 2, 4th day, Friday, 7/5/13  (Read 9513 times)

Offline SuzieTampa

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Week 2, 4th day, Friday, 7/5/13
« Reply #90 on: July 05, 2013, 06:09:03 PM »
Re: the NWS evidence on rain at a location that may be as much as 6 miles away. I hope someone gets the exact mileage. People who live in Central FL would know that the amount of rain can differ widely in different places.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #91 on: July 06, 2013, 06:24:49 AM »
Re: the NWS evidence on rain at a location that may be as much as 6 miles away. I hope someone gets the exact mileage.

I wouldn't know how to find an exact distance to Ravenna Park Weather Station from RATL. I think Google Earth is pretty close. I make it to be about a mile and a quarter from the back entrance, about a mile and a half from Frank Taaffe's. I'll post a screen capture ASAP.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #92 on: July 06, 2013, 07:21:50 AM »
I wouldn't know how to find an exact distance to Ravenna Park Weather Station from RATL. I think Google Earth is pretty close. I make it to be about a mile and a quarter from the back entrance, about a mile and a half from Frank Taaffe's. I'll post a screen capture ASAP.

That's in line with one of the lawyers on Twitter...maybe Hornsby, who said it was a couple of miles. I was going to do a google map for it but got sidetracked.

Google Maps says to drive it would be 2.1 miles. It appears that a crow would find it a much less arduous journey.

Weather can change rapidly area to area in FL though. I think I agree with O'Mara that there's enough witness testimony as to the weather.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #93 on: July 06, 2013, 08:24:20 AM »

Ravenna Park Weather Station, Report for 2/26/12

Lat: N 28 47 ' 24 ''
Lon: W 81 18 ' 23 ''

Maps

The location of the placemark (yellow pushpin) for the weather station is my own estimate. I haven't been able to identify the building that houses the station, but I think this is close enough for practical purposes.

Left click a photo to enlarge. Right click for a menu.

Site Meter
click
tracking