George Zimmerman Trial Coverage > Trial Expectations

Your Theories

(1/28) > >>

RickyJim:
One thing I think I understand better after the last two weeks of testimony is the game Zimmerman and Martin were playing against each other from the first sighting at Taaffe's house up to their meeting at the T when things got deadly serious.  Here are their moves which I think are clear from the evidence.

1. Zimmerman stops his Ridgeline near his friend Frank Taaffe’s house to watch Martin loitering in the rainy darkness. He heads away towards the the clubhouse to call the cops.
2. Instead of taking the quick diagonal shortcut by the lake, to get to his father’s girlfriend’s house, Martin follows Zimmerman to the clubhouse and passes close to the truck, checking the creepyass cracker out and tugging at his waistband. Martin then turns into Twin Trees Lane in the direction of home.
3. While still on the phone with the police dispatcher, Zimmerman decides to follow Martin on TTL. He loses sight of him and stops the Ridgeline some feet from a cut through between TTL and Retreat View Circle with headlights on, pointing into the cut through.
4. Martin comes out of the darkness and circles the truck. Zimmerman is too frightened to open his window and say anything to him. Martin runs into the cut through and turns right into a dog walk leading to the back of his destination. However Zimmerman thinks he is heading for the back entrance.
5. Instead of waiting for the cops to come and search the area, as he had done previously when sighting suspicious persons, Zimmerman gets out of the truck and heads into the cut through. He has never adequately explained his reasons.  We all know the outline of the rest and the how their game ended.

nomatter_nevermind:

--- Quote from: RickyJim on July 05, 2013, 09:18:21 PM ---Zimmerman stops his Ridgeline near his friend Frank Taaffe’s house to watch Martin loitering in the rainy darkness.
--- End quote ---

I don't know of any evidence that GZ stopped. He said he slowed down because someone was backing out in front of him (SPD 2/29-1, 8:19).

--- Quote ---However Zimmerman thinks he is heading for the back entrance.
--- End quote ---

I don't think GZ said that. On the NEN call, GZ referred to the back entrance to indicate the direction TM was heading. He didn't speculate on where TM intended to go. (2:08)

I don't think GZ mentioned the back entrance at all in his SPD Interviews, including the reenactment and the CVSA.

TalkLeft:
This is speculation and not evidence. I have moved it from the Evidence thread.   It also contains some interpretative rather than factual assessments.

You can also use this thread to post other theories on the trial and evidence,.

RickyJim:

--- Quote from: nomatter_nevermind on July 05, 2013, 10:14:20 PM ---I don't know of any evidence that GZ stopped. He said he slowed down because someone was backing out in front of him (SPD 2/29-1, 8:19).
--- End quote ---

I infer that he stopped from Jeantel's testimony and Martin's subsequent known behavior.  There had to be a period of Zimmerman starring at Martin of sufficient length to annoy the latter.

--- Quote ---I don't think GZ said that. On the NEN call, GZ referred to the back entrance to indicate the direction TM was heading. He didn't speculate on where TM intended to go. (2:08)

I don't think GZ mentioned the back entrance at all in his SPD Interviews, including the reenactment and the CVSA.

--- End quote ---
I think I remember a point in the CVSA interview in which Zimmerman said he didn't think it was dangerous to walk in the cut through to RVC because "they always run away" or something to that effect.  I thought we were in agreement that his motivation in going to RVC was because of the streetlamp, near the intersection with TTL, which illuminated the way to the back exit.

unitron:

--- Quote from: RickyJim on July 06, 2013, 08:45:06 AM ---

...There had to be a period of Zimmerman starring at Martin of sufficient length to annoy the latter.
--- End quote ---

Since Martin was a teenager, about 1 second would have been sufficient.

--- Quote from: RickyJim on July 06, 2013, 08:45:06 AM ---I think I remember a point in the CVSA interview in which Zimmerman said he didn't think it was dangerous to walk in the cut through to RVC because "they always run away" or something to that effect.  I thought we were in agreement that his motivation in going to RVC was because of the streetlamp, near the intersection with TTL, which illuminated the way to the back exit.

--- End quote ---

TTL and RVC do not intersect anywhere near where Zimmerman allegedly walked across from TTL to RVC.

Do you mean a streetlight down near where TTL crossed RVC south of Brandy Green's house?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version