Author Topic: Your Theories  (Read 21752 times)

Offline IgnatiusJDonnelly

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Your Theories
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2013, 08:37:01 AM »
Not a theory but a question.  At one point Serino asked GZ how visible his pistol was typically.
GZ answered that it was very visible at all and that he often shopped at Wal mart and no one ever noticed his pistol. Why didn't the state jump on that one?

Offline Evil Chinchilla

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2013, 10:22:31 AM »
Wouldn't the outdoors, post-sunset light levels during the incident preclude the same level of visibility of a holstered gun on a carrier's hip as what would be experienced inside a brightly-lit Walmart?

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2013, 07:09:45 PM »
I don't know. I think he might have been parked at the clubhouse at 0:00 on the recording. If so, I think he must have started backing out within a few seconds. I've never been able to make sense of the timeline on the assumption that GZ was still parked at the clubhouse any later than that.

That GZ was already parked on TTL, and never moved the truck during the time the call was recording, is also quite possible in my opinion.
The way I read the transcript, Zimmerman is at the clubhouse at the start and observing Martin who had come from Taaffe's house.  At around 1:00 Martin approaches Zimmerman's car to check the CAC out and keeps moving to TTL.  At 1:45 Zimmerman is approaching or at the cut through.
I think Martin stalked Zimmerman from Taaffe's house to the clubhouse.  That is my interpretation of the information at the start of this video.  Taaffe is adamant that somebody staying at Brandi Green's house would, especially in the rain, cut by the lake to get there from his house.  See the blue paths when you move the video to 16:50.  (Knechel is mistaken when he says Taafe claimed the red path is the shortest.)  Zimmerman must have fired up Martin's adolescent lust for battle when he slowed down or stopped to observe Martin at Taafe's place; he could have completely avoided the guy in the truck by going the short route which was only possible on foot. 

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2013, 10:30:43 PM »
Not a theory but a question.  At one point Serino asked GZ how visible his pistol was typically.
GZ answered that it was very visible at all and that he often shopped at Wal mart and no one ever noticed his pistol. Why didn't the state jump on that one?

I assume you meant, "GZ answered that it wasn't very visible at all..." I'm guessing autocorrect chopped off the end, as it seems to like to do to mistyped contractions.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2013, 07:20:33 AM »
I assume you meant, "GZ answered that it wasn't very visible at all..." I'm guessing autocorrect chopped off the end, as it seems to like to do to mistyped contractions.

That is what I meant. Ham fisted typist is what I am.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2013, 07:24:37 AM »
Wouldn't the outdoors, post-sunset light levels during the incident preclude the same level of visibility of a holstered gun on a carrier's hip as what would be experienced inside a brightly-lit Walmart?

One might think that.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2013, 07:28:43 AM »
The way I read the transcript, Zimmerman is at the clubhouse at the start and observing Martin who had come from Taaffe's house.  At around 1:00 Martin approaches Zimmerman's car to check the CAC out and keeps moving to TTL.  At 1:45 Zimmerman is approaching or at the cut through.
I think Martin stalked Zimmerman from Taaffe's house to the clubhouse.  That is my interpretation of the information at the start of this video.  Taaffe is adamant that somebody staying at Brandi Green's house would, especially in the rain, cut by the lake to get there from his house.  See the blue paths when you move the video to 16:50.  (Knechel is mistaken when he says Taafe claimed the red path is the shortest.)  Zimmerman must have fired up Martin's adolescent lust for battle when he slowed down or stopped to observe Martin at Taafe's place; he could have completely avoided the guy in the truck by going the short route which was only possible on foot.

Taafe lives in the complex. Martin did not.(yet) Frank would be much more familiar with shortcuts. He's like the Brer rabbitt of the TRATL briar patch.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2013, 08:11:53 AM »
The complex is not big.  It was Trayvon's 7th or 8th visit according to Brandi Green.  He played football with the kids there.  He knew about the shortcut to the outside near Taaffe's house, why wouldn't he know about the shortcut from Brandi's to Taaffe's?  Why would he bother to climb a hill to use the shortcut across from Altamese Bentley instead of the front entrance, unless he was going to use the shortcut by the pond to get home? 

As I pointed out in the original post in this thread, I am looking for the background of GZ's and TM's fatal encounter.  I just don't believe Zimmerman when he says he has no idea why it happened.  I think they were playing a stupid game against each other.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 08:18:16 AM by RickyJim »

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2013, 08:24:44 AM »
You mean like GZ pulls into the parking lot, lets TM pass by, then pulls out, passes TM again, then waits for TM to approach? TM obligingly and without much fear continues to approach? You're right, neither GZ or TM seemed
particularly afraid of the other.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2013, 08:40:48 AM »
[TM] knew about the shortcut to the outside near Taaffe's house

I'm still waiting for evidence of that.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2013, 08:44:39 AM »
NMNM, you think that Zimmerman's claim that he first saw Martin near Taaffe's house may be an invention of his?  Martin really entered through the front entrance? 

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2013, 08:51:35 AM »
NMNM, you think that Zimmerman's claim that he first saw Martin near Taaffe's house may be an invention of his?  Martin really entered through the front entrance?

Tracy Martin says that TM entered through the gate but then Tracy wasn't there.............

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2013, 09:39:31 AM »
NMNM, you think that Zimmerman's claim that he first saw Martin near Taaffe's house may be an invention of his?

Sure. I've said before that I am skeptical that GZ had such a close look at TM before the NEN call. He didn't seem sure of TM's race until over a minute into the call.

But that's beside the point. GZ hasn't said he saw TM enter RATL, as far as I know..

Martin really entered through the front entrance?

I don't know of any evidence as to where TM entered.

Offline Redbrow

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2013, 09:55:47 AM »
Tracy Martin says that TM entered through the gate but then Tracy wasn't there.............

Tracy also stated he came in the rear gate during an interview. Crump claimed Martin entered a code for the front gate. I don't trust what either says.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2013, 10:20:47 AM »
Tracy also stated he came in the rear gate during an interview.

We've been around this block a few times. Tracy was gesturing at the north gate when he said 'back gate'. I think he always thought TM came in the north gate, and was confused about whether to call the north gate or the southeast gate the 'front' gate.

That said, Tracy never claimed inside knowledge. It seems he just assumed that TM came in one of the gates, and that it was the north gate because that was the area GZ said he saw TM.

Site Meter
click
tracking