Author Topic: Your Theories  (Read 21753 times)

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Your Theories
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2013, 10:26:37 AM »
Sure. I've said before that I am skeptical that GZ had such a close look at TM before the NEN call. He didn't seem sure of TM's race until over a minute into the call.

But that's beside the point. GZ hasn't said he saw TM enter RATL, as far as I know..

I don't know of any evidence as to where TM entered.
I take it more likely than not that Zimmerman doesn't lie unless there is an advantage in it.  I also don't see Martin raising Zimmerman's suspicions if he came through the front gate.  Apparently there is no video evidence that he did.  I also think that Zimmerman had to initially observe Martin staring into houses and he wouldn't see that if while driving on RVC, he first spotted Martin going up TTL from the front entrance.  There is no reason for Martin to be on or close to Taafe's place unless he entered from the shortcut across from the elementary school.  We can't prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt in these speculations.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2013, 11:34:58 AM »
I think they were playing a stupid game against each other.

I don't think that makes sense with what GZ says in the NEN call.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2013, 11:38:07 AM »
I take it more likely than not that Zimmerman doesn't lie unless there is an advantage in it.

I think GZ might have seen advantage in claiming that TM, when GZ first saw him, was in front of a residence with a sensitive history. 

I also don't see Martin raising Zimmerman's suspicions if he came through the front gate.

That's your fantasy.

When has GZ said a word about how TM entered the complex?

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2013, 11:50:38 AM »
MJW, NMNM you are both  welcome to give your rival theories as to why Zimmerman was unthinking enough to leave the car when he saw Martin run into the dog path and Martin was worked up enough to approach and attack Zimmerman when he sighted him walking across the top of the T.  I say it was a matter of reflexes of two guys in a macho challenge game.   While I can't prove my theory, I do claim it is at least consistent with all the evidence.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2013, 11:55:30 AM »
MJW, NMNM you are both  welcome to give your rival theories as to why Zimmerman was unthinking enough to leave the car when he saw Martin run into the dog path and Martin was worked up enough to approach and attack Zimmerman when he sighted him walking across the top of the T.  I say it was a matter of reflexes of two guys in a macho challenge game.   While I can't prove my theory, I do claim it is at least consistent with all the evidence.

Except it isn't. There was actually trial testimony from more than one person that Georgie is basically a giant softie with a creamy middle.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2013, 12:04:02 PM »

I think I have, more than once, given a theory about why GZ left the car and tried to track TM. For example.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2013, 12:05:16 PM »

GZ assumed Martin was heading for the hills. I think that was a fairly reasonable assumption. Nothing he says in the remainder of the NEN call indicates he intends to confront TM. I think TM knew exactly why GZ was keeping an eye on him and resented it. He wanted to teach GZ a lesson, the same way he taught the snitch that didn't "breed" enough a lesson.

I already pointed out that what GZ says in the NEN call isn't consistent with your theory. When TM approaches his truck, he seems concerned, not aggressive.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 12:07:04 PM by MJW »

Offline IgnatiusJDonnelly

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2013, 12:20:30 PM »
George of the creamy middle and of apparently little experience and/or instinct in how to act in a confrontation sounds more charged up than concerned during the call. "Ooooooh! He's checkin' me out!"
He also does not seemed too concerned about hanging around a dark area where he last saw the suspicious character. I would not be yakkin' on my phone and fiddling with my flashlight. I would be peering down the dark sidewalk area so as to not be surprised by said character emerging from the darkness like a Ninja.
GZ wasn't sure where TM was but he was reluctant to leave the T. he must have at least theorised that TM was back in the Dogwalk area.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2013, 12:23:00 PM »
GZ wasn't sure where TM was but he was reluctant to leave the T.

I don't think there is any evidence for GZ lingering at the T.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2013, 12:29:01 PM »
Other than his statement there's no evidence he went any farther.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2013, 12:31:14 PM »
GZ leaving the car was a reflex action - just like that of a dog or cat who, every day, jumps at the bowl of food you are carrying, even though you always put in down for them in a few seconds.  If he thought about what he was doing, he would have realized that his best hope of sighting Martin again was to head down TTL in his truck where he could see both the other end of the dog path and the back entrance.  It was totally illogical to try to keep him in sight on foot in a very dark area.  As far as his gentle, timid nature, the challenge game he was in with Martin pumped up his adrenalin enough to cause a temporary personality change.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2013, 12:36:59 PM »
Another question, why did TM wait so long to confront GZ?
I doubt he made it back to the Greens. Serino thought TM hid. GZ says TM came out from a yard.
TM must have been able to see GZ when GZ was on the phone.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 12:48:08 PM by IgnatiusJDonnelly »

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2013, 12:46:32 PM »
I think TM knew exactly why GZ was keeping an eye on him and resented it.

I doubt that it occurred to TM that GZ thought he was a burglar. He might have had other reasons to worry about 'snitches'.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2013, 12:53:54 PM »
I had a clerk in a hardware store follow me and spy on my suspicious looking 52 year old arse last month.
He was all of about 17 years old and apparently thought I was the picture hanging bandit. I found it funny but also annoying.  Sorry for going off topic.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2013, 12:58:57 PM »
I had a clerk in a hardware store follow me and spy on my suspicious looking 52 year old arse last month.
He was all of about 17 years old and apparently thought I was the picture hanging bandit. I found it funny but also annoying.  Sorry for going off topic.

You didn't shoot him did you?  :o

Site Meter
click
tracking