Author Topic: Your Theories  (Read 27726 times)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Your Theories
« Reply #120 on: July 21, 2013, 01:44:19 PM »
Educate yourself how dark the dog path was that night. 

Disagreeing with you is not the same as being uneducated.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #121 on: July 21, 2013, 02:06:00 PM »
Disagreeing with you is not the same as being uneducated.

An argument could be made...ah, skip it.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #122 on: July 21, 2013, 02:14:06 PM »
[GZ] might try to maneuver his truck perpendicular to TTL and shine his headlights into the dog path.  Officer Tim Smith was able to look into the dog path from that vantage point with the revolving searchlight on top of his patrol car and saw somebody (Zimmerman? Manalo?) at the other end.

Do you have a cite for the searchlight being mounted on top of the vehicle? In my experience, police vehicle searchlights are usually mounted on the side.

I think Smith was at the west end of the cut-through looking east, when he saw the two people who were probably GZ and Manalo.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #123 on: July 21, 2013, 02:15:19 PM »
An argument could be made...ah, skip it.

I have no idea what you mean to insinuate.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #124 on: July 21, 2013, 02:36:58 PM »
Do you have a cite for the searchlight being mounted on top of the vehicle? In my experience, police vehicle searchlights are usually mounted on the side.

I think Smith was at the west end of the cut-through looking east, when he saw the two people who were probably GZ and Manalo.
Starting around the 5:20 point here, he shows with the laser pointer on the Google map that he stopped at the south end of the dog path on TTL to point the spotlight on the patrol vehicle north and saw "at the end of the walkway at least one person standing outside."  He said he could maneuver the spotlight from inside the car.  Here is a pic of one mounted on top of a police car.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 02:43:18 PM by RickyJim »

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2013, 02:38:14 PM »
Austin was never called to testify. His mother must have been very unhappy that she did not get another 15 seconds of fame.

Looking at what Cheryl Brown said on her TV appearances, I think her goal was to impeach her son's testimony, making it useless to the defense so that he would not have to testify.

I don't mean to say that she was successful. I think there were other reasons that neither side chose to call Austin McLendon.

Al Sharpton, 3/28/12

Nancy Grace, 3/29/12

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2013, 02:43:44 PM »
Starting around the 5:20 point here, he shows with the laser pointer on the Google map that he stopped at the south end of the dog path on TTL to point the spotlight on the patrol vehicle north and saw "at the end of the walkway at least one person standing outside."

I see now. Thank you.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2013, 02:46:45 PM »
Looking at what Cheryl Brown said on her TV appearances, I think her goal was to impeach her son's testimony, making it useless to the defense so that he would not have to testify.

His deposition was part of the defense discovery. I would think that would make it public information. I'd certainly like to see it.

Offline SuzieTampa

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2013, 04:04:24 PM »
I don't recall saying there weren't abusive males.

Nor did I say that you said that. You suggested that "women often" get protective orders for reasons other than the need to protect themselves. I asked you for evidence to support generalizing about a group, and I mentioned that women have plenty of reasons to get protective orders since men commit so much abuse. 

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2013, 05:46:21 PM »
Nor did I say that you said that. You suggested that "women often" get protective orders for reasons other than the need to protect themselves. I asked you for evidence to support generalizing about a group, and I mentioned that women have plenty of reasons to get protective orders since men commit so much abuse.

Not the place for it. If you want to continue flailing at straw men send a PM.

Offline ding7777

• Rate Post +19/-59
« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2013, 07:19:32 AM »

Did any other witness see Austin?  Did Austin see any other neighbor/witness before he called 911?

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2013, 12:19:29 PM »
Did any other witness see Austin?  Did Austin see any other neighbor/witness before he called 911?

Not that I recall.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #132 on: July 24, 2013, 08:47:38 PM »
Did Austin see any other neighbor/witness before he called 911?

Strictly speaking, Austin McLendon didn't call 911. His sister, Sierra McLendon, called 911, after her brother ran into the house and told her what he had seen and heard. During the call, the dispatcher asked Sierra to put Austin on the phone, at which point he also talked to the dispatcher.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #133 on: July 29, 2013, 03:47:53 PM »
Was the person the stucco workers followed and Zimmerman saw in front of Taaffe's house on 2/2/12, Emanuel Burgess?  I don't think that name was given during O'Brien's testimony.

On this video, O'Brien's testimony about the stucco guys is 9:26-12:44 (Mantei's direct), and 15:53-17:20 (O'Mara's cross). O'Brien didn't name the person arrested, or give the name or address of the person whose home was burglarized, or specify what was stolen, or where the 'stucco guys' were working at the time of the burglary. These omissions make the 'stucco guys' incident hard to identify.

Twin Lakes Burglary Reports, pp. 1-5.

Emmanuel Burgess was arrested on 2/7/12, for the 2/6/12 burglary of the home of Tatiana Deamicis, 1540 Retreat View Circle.

A report for the 8/3/11 burglary of the home of Olivia Bertalan, 1840 Retreat View Cir., is on pp. 12-13 of the Burglary Reports.

Map 

Case Details, Olivia Bertalan, 1840 RVC.

Case Details, Tatiana Deamicis, 1540 RVC.

If I'm reading these documents correctly, the first says that in the Bertalan case. Emmanuel Burgess was convicted of burglary and grand theft. The second says that in the Deamicis case, Burgess was convicted of grand theft, dealing in stolen property, resisting an officer without violence, and giving a false identity. Both say that Burgess was born in July, 1993.

Testimony of Olivia Bertalan in the trial of George Zimmerman (video). More on Emmanuel Burgess at the TalkLeft blog.

Reuters, 4/25/12
On February 6, the home of another Twin Lakes resident, Tatiana Demeacis, was burglarized. Two roofers working directly across the street said they saw two African-American men lingering in the yard at the time of the break-in. A new laptop and some gold jewelry were stolen. One of the roofers called police the next day after spotting one of the suspects among a group of male teenagers, three black and one white, on bicycles.

Police found Demeacis's laptop in the backpack of 18-year-old Emmanuel Burgess, police reports show, and charged him with dealing in stolen property.

Discrepancies:

As mentioned previously, O'Brien said he could only guess at the date, and his guess was 'a couple of months' before the shooting (12:06). The burglary of 1540 RVC was on 2/6/12, about three weeks before the shooting. 

O'Brien said the stucco guys were working on walls (10:04). Reuters says Burgess was spotted and reported by 'roofers'.

O'Brien said the burglar was arrested 'days' after the burglary (15:53). Burgess was arrested on 2/7/12, the next day after the burglary.

Parallels:

As mentioned previously, Mantei said the incident was in 2012, putting it in January or February (9:26).

In both stories, the burglar was spotted by men who were there to do some kind of construction/maintenance work, and arrested on a later day.

O'Brien said the burglar was someone 'we had seen numerous times before' (10:11). In his 2/2 NEN call, GZ said: 'And now, this gentleman was walking in the neighborhood. And I've seen him before, on trash days, going around picking up trash.'

O'Brien said the burglar was '17 or 18' (16:40). Burgess was born in July of 1993. He would have been 18 in February of 2012.

O'Brien said the stucco guys were having lunch at Kohls, saw the burglar 'walking down the street', and followed him 'to the development' (11:25, 16:06). Burgess was arrested in a cut through connecting RATL with Colonial Village (Burglary Reports, p. 4). That's a likely place for entering RATL from the direction of Kohls.

If Donald O'Brien's 'stucco guys' story does not correspond to the 2/7/12 arrest of Emmanuel Burgess, for the 2/6/12 theft of a necklace and a laptop computer from the home of Tatiana Deamicis, 1540 RVC, then it corresponds to the arrest of whom, on what date, for the theft of what, on what date, from whose home, at what address? In all the reporting on the Zimmerman case, has there been mention of another burglary arrest that might correspond to O'Brien's stucco guys story?

Until I hear of such a case, my opinion is that the stucco guys story is the 2/7/12 arrest of Emmanuel Burgess, as half-remembered by O'Brien over a year later.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 03:54:01 PM by nomatter_nevermind »

Offline IgnatiusJDonnelly

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2013, 08:39:10 AM »
Strictly speaking, Austin McLendon didn't call 911. His sister, Sierra McLendon, called 911, after her brother ran into the house and told her what he had seen and heard. During the call, the dispatcher asked Sierra to put Austin on the phone, at which point he also talked to the dispatcher.

Did anyone ask Austin if the screaming began after he went outside?

Site Meter
click
tracking