Author Topic: Mark Osterman, Zimmerman Friend, 7/8/13  (Read 4600 times)

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
Re: Mark Osterman, Zimmerman Friend, 7/8/13
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2013, 05:46:03 PM »
He's just not that bright. He's the very definition of wanna-be cop, except he is actually a cop. He rabbits on and on to make himself seem smart or important, but for the most part he should be answering questions with single word sentences instead of lecturing to the jury.

And he talks about what he does which isn't really answering the questions.

That and he just rubs me the wrong way. Always has. LOL.

I can identify with that stereotype. Thanks for the explanation. He struck me that way also.

For the first week of the trial I was up in the mountains with a troop of scouts ( yep the camp that got hit by lightning)

After following this case for a year I was reduced to occasional iPhone glimpses of the opening phase  of the trial when the mountains and electricity allowed. This forum was a great concise source of info. Thanks all

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2013, 05:57:57 PM »
He rabbits on and on to make himself seem smart or important, but for the most part he should be answering questions with single word sentences instead of lecturing to the jury.

I disagree.

By answering in detail, MO gave any jurors who don't know much about guns an understanding of why his answers made sense, and reason to think he knew what he was talking about, not making up answers to help his friend.

I do think MO fumbled badly when Bernie crossed on 'center mass'. Bernie asked a series of questions that conflated 'stop' with 'kill', painting people who carry as bloodthirsty vigilantes out to lure bad guys to their deaths like a Charles Bronson anti-hero. I was, let's say disappointed, when MO answered the first of those questions with, essentially, 'yes, that's right'. By the second such question MO had spotted the trap and was answering correctly. But I think anyone advocating for armed self-defense should be acutely aware of the stop/kill distinction, and react immediately when someone tries to conflate the two.

I think MO also missed the chance to make clear that one reason for shooting center mass is that a miss endangers bystanders. That was particularly important for GZ's situation, at close quarters between two rows of mostly occupied residences.

Still, I give MO a B+. He made a good defense, not only of GZ, but of the practice of concealed carry.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2013, 06:06:51 PM »
While I can see your points, NM, and maybe even agree a little with a couple of them, I just can't seem to get past my overall distaste for the man.

Plus, as someone who (not to sound...snotty...) knows more about guns than Osterman does, I found his blather on the subject annoying at best.

Still--looking at it from the point of view of someone who might not know what I know about the entire topic, you make good points.

Now stop doing that already!
 ;D ;D

Site Meter
click
tracking