Author Topic: John Donnelly, Zimmerman Friend, 7/8/13  (Read 5263 times)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: John Donnelly, Zimmerman Friend, 7/8/13
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 10:01:54 AM »
Bernie stopped recording at a*holes, played that part over.

JD: He has not heard that part before.

Offline redstripe

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 10:05:36 AM »
Bernie presses JD on his ability to hear GZ over the voices of Lauer and the 911 operator, JD emphasizes his experience in Vietnam and his ability as a medic to filter out other extraneous noises (bullets, explosions etc.).

Offline teresainpa

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2013, 10:05:50 AM »
Here we go again:  Georgie says bad bad words to the NEN operator.  He uses the F word and the word punk and since he carries a gun with one round loaded in the chamber (why the hell you wouldn't have a round loaded in the chamber if you were carrying a gun for self protection is beyond me) he must be just the guy planning on killing him an African American teenager carrying candy and fruit juice.

/snark
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 10:08:11 AM by teresainpa »

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2013, 10:06:51 AM »
O'Mara on redirect.

JD: All screams on Lauer 911 call were GZ.

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2013, 10:07:37 AM »
he must be just the guy planning on killing him an African American teenager carrying candy and fruit juice.

Wonder what he'd do for a Klondike bar?

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2013, 10:09:50 AM »
In response to O'Mara, JD says the courtroom is about the truth.

Bernardo asks "Whose idea was it for you to listen to the 911 call this past Saturday?"  "My own, sir."

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2013, 10:12:43 AM »
O'Mara asking about when it was decided that JD would testify about Lauer 911 call. Bernie had said that it wasn't mentioned at his deposition.

Bernie had one question on recross, on certain occasion, whose idea that JD listen to 911 call? JD said it was his own.

12:08 PM

JD excused.

Nelson called sidebar, I think to deal with a matter that Bernie mentioned earlier.

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2013, 10:13:13 AM »
Break for lunch.  Jury is out until 1:30.  The court is going to be taking up something, I speculate that to be Donnelly's testimony in light of the late disclosure that Donnelly was going to testify about scream ID, before the jury returns from lunch.  Court is in recess until 1:30 as well, announced Nelson.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2013, 10:19:02 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks the defense might be over doing it with the voice recognition witnesses?

Character witnesses disguised as fact witnesses. Plus it sends Bernie into apoplexy trying to see how many times he can shout "a-hole" and "effing punk" in a crowded court room.

ETA I just got back and responded before I saw cboldt had addressed it.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 10:21:51 AM by annoyedbeyond »

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2013, 10:23:21 AM »
I didn't see the witness, how was he? Before I came here I glanced at Diana Tennis' Twitter and saw she called him an "emo guy" or "emo vet" (and got killed for it before she said she'd been only kidding).

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2013, 10:27:39 AM »
I didn't see the witness, how was he? Before I came here I glanced at Diana Tennis' Twitter and saw she called him an "emo guy" or "emo vet" (and got killed for it before she said she'd been only kidding).

To me, he came of as sincere.  Emotional in that he doesn't like to hear people screaming in extremis, O'Mara said that listening to the 911 call was sort of a "confronting your demons" experience.  The witness teared up more than any other on hearing the screams, which is probably the reason Tennis made her remark.

Other than that, he seemed very level, very respectful of the court and de la Rionda, didn't hedge or hesitate his answers, admitted the help he'd given to Zimmerman in the way of money and clothing.  Not sure how believable the jury will take his statement that he would not lie for his good friend, Zimmerman, but I found it to be credible.

Offline Meni

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2013, 10:28:15 AM »
Character witnesses disguised as fact witnesses. Plus it sends Bernie into apoplexy trying to see how many times he can shout "a-hole" and "effing punk" in a crowded court room.

ETA I just got back and responded before I saw cboldt had addressed it.

I agree Annoyed, and said a similar thing on the general thread for this week before I read yours here.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2013, 10:28:31 AM »
The court is going to be taking up something, I speculate that to be Donnelly's testimony in light of the late disclosure that Donnelly was going to testify about scream ID

WESH talking head suggested it's about whether the door is open for state to go after GZ's character.

On the bar thing, aren't arrests without convictions always inadmissible?

Offline redstripe

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2013, 10:30:46 AM »

He was very helpful to the defense, in both establishing GZ's character and, because of his experience in war with cries for help in dire situations, a huge boost to establishing that GZ was the one crying for help on the tapes.  I can see why she made such a reactive and inarticulate remark about him, he was kind of a nail in the coffin for the State's theory of TM on top of GZ crying for help.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2013, 10:32:12 AM »
he must be just the guy planning on killing him an African American teenager carrying candy and fruit juice.

Wonder what he'd do for a Klondike bar?

;D   ;D   ;D

Site Meter
click
tracking