Author Topic: John Donnelly, Zimmerman Friend, 7/8/13  (Read 6017 times)

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: John Donnelly, Zimmerman Friend, 7/8/13
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2013, 10:36:08 AM »
WESH talking head suggested it's about whether the door is open for state to go after GZ's character.

On the bar thing, aren't arrests without convictions always inadmissible?

The state has already gone after Zimmerman's character by producing the past calls to NEN, and either side has the right to produce evidence of a person's reputation.

As far as admissibility of prior acts, they are generally inadmissible, even if there was a conviction.  Each offense is supposed to stand or fall on its own weight.

I think the state's issue is a discovery violation, based on the fact that the state did not expect this witness to testify as to scream ID.  Bernardo mentioned that scream ID did not come up during the state's deposition, as the witness hadn;t heard the 911 call to the extent to be able to talk to it, by the time he was deposed.  Now he comes to the stand and testifies about his life experience in scream ID, and applies that life experience to a scream ID task on the 911 call.

The state can ask to have the testimony stricken - and I expect that they will ask for the testimony to be stricken.  Although, the state was able to respond to the testimony during cross examination.  This could end up like the Serino thing, trying to unring the bell by mentioning it again and telling the jury to disregard what the witness had to say about scream ID.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2013, 11:05:43 AM »
Which is why Bernie--and I don't know if was you or NM that put it down--asked him who's idea it was for him to listen to the full tape suddenly (saturday?)?

Heh. If we're supposed to believe Dr. Bao had a super secret Fourth of July meeting with Bernie and didn't tell him about his favorite new theory--the one he tried to tell over and over, maybe 27 times before he was finally allowed to finish it, where TM was alive for up to ten minutes, it's certainly believable that This gentleman decided to listen to the full call.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2013, 11:29:36 AM »
WFTV just ran a little of his testimony. I liked how he took a meaningful glance at JDN when he said "this is the place the truth is supposed to come out."

Offline woodchuck64

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2013, 06:43:30 PM »
(Bernardo also informed Nelson that he had other items to discuss - probably failure to disclose at deposition, and a motion to strike the testimony due to discovery violation: maybe a sequestration violation).

Has the sequestration violation been resolved?  Donnelly seems to have been in court several days, if this can be trusted: http://t.co/1o3dyVoGqz

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2013, 06:50:23 PM »
Has the sequestration violation been resolved?  Donnelly seems to have been in court several days, if this can be trusted: http://t.co/1o3dyVoGqz

They said they were going to bring it up but I'm not sure they did.

Offline vegas

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2013, 11:02:00 PM »
I thought Mr. Donnelly was a wonderful witness. Talk of Vietnam and Tet brought tears and a chill. I suspect that it did to the women on the jury who remember also. Mr. Donnelly and Sgt. Mesa are such impressive witnesses. for the defense and the others too. We get it Bernie - A hole and punks.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2013, 11:21:48 PM »
Talk of Vietnam and Tet brought tears and a chill. I suspect that it did to the women on the jury who remember also.

How many of them are that old?

I was a child at the time, and I don't remember Tet. All I remember from that time is that America was at war somewhere, which I couldn't have found on a map if I had thought of trying, and the body counts on the news every night, like some ghastly scoreboard. At least we always got more of them than they did of us.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2013, 11:26:47 PM »
We get it Bernie - A hole and punks.

When I was watching Guy's opening statement, I was thinking he knew they didn't have the evidence to convict GZ of murder, and he was hoping the jurors would throw them a bone and convict him of swearing. Is that a lesser included?

Site Meter
click
tracking