Author Topic: Eloise Dilligard, Zimm. Neighbor  (Read 4781 times)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Eloise Dilligard, Zimm. Neighbor
« on: July 09, 2013, 02:00:53 PM »
Testifying remotely. O'Mara on direct.

ED: In 2012 she lived at RATL. She knew GZ, since she moved in, 2009. They were friendly, no problems. She knew he was in NW, never saw him patrol.

ED: 2/26/12 she was returning to RATL on Oregon, saw police cars and crime scene tape. It was very rainy.

ED: She saw GZ's truck, gray Honda Ridgeline.

ED: She doesn't know Jenna Lauer.

ED confuses RVC and TTL.

ED spoke with police officer. She was standing with a group. Officer brought a phone with 2 pictures. ED ID'd GZ.

ED: She went to GZ's residence to see if Shelley was home.

Bernie objected as ED was about to repeat what Shelley said. O'Mara asked for sidebar.

Sidebar.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 05:36:50 PM by TalkLeft »

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Eloise Dilligard, Zimmerman Neighbor, 7/9/13
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 02:05:25 PM »
ED: She had brief conversation with Shellie, who then went to crime scene.

ED: She went to crime scene to see that Shellie was OK, then went home.

ED: She gave police her name and phone number, made no other statement.

ED: Some time later she was interviewed by FBI.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 02:06:30 PM »
ED: She has heard Lauer 911 call. The screamer's voice sounds like GZ, because he has 'a light male voice'.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 02:33:39 PM »
O'Mara trying to use the remote tech to show ED a map of RATL.

O'Mara gave up on visual.

4:13 PM

Bernie on cross.

Technical difficulties.

ED: Never heard TM's voice.

4:15 PM

ED excused.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 04:37:58 PM »
I think O'Mara finally got out that Zimmerman's car was "to the right" of the front of the Lauer house.  But was it made clear that was as you were facing the street from Lauer's house.  Why didn't he do this by showing pictures?  I don't know if the prosecution will agree that the car was packed where Zimmerman said it was based on this testimony.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 04:59:45 PM »
One sentence in my post was missing a question mark: But was it made clear that was as you were facing the street from Lauer's house?

Offline ding7777

• Rate Post +19/-59
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 05:16:08 PM »
This might be cynical, but I think MOM put EG (a black elderly sick women) on the "stand" to bolster the resolve of the jurors who might be afraid of riots if the finding GZ  not guilty

Offline teresainpa

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 05:51:18 PM »
This might be cynical, but I think MOM put EG (a black elderly sick women) on the "stand" to bolster the resolve of the jurors who might be afraid of riots if the finding GZ  not guilty.

It may be cynical, but I can understand why you would think that way.  I would hope that any jurors thinking that way would die of shame. Sacrificing justice in fear of a community rioting would be horrendous.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 06:32:09 AM »
I think O'Mara finally got out that Zimmerman's car was "to the right" of the front of the Lauer house.  But was it made clear that was as you were facing the street from Lauer's house?

That's what ED said. I think it would be clear to anyone who didn't miss some of the words.

Why didn't he do this by showing pictures?

I don't know that the jury wasn't being shown pictures at the time.

I don't know if the prosecution will agree that the car was parked where Zimmerman said it was based on this testimony.

Have you seen anything to suggest that the prosecution is interested in disputing where the car was parked? I haven't, to the best of my recollection.

I agree that ED didn't pin down where the car was parked. At first I thought she was saying it was parked closer to the sign and the other truck, where Sgt. Smith was about to park before GZ said to stop short of that. But her final 'to the right' was vague enough to include both locations.

I don't think O'Mara needed her to pin it down. This is one of the many things that got batted around on the forum, that haven't been issues in the trial.

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Eloise Dilligard, Zimm. Neighbor
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 06:56:02 AM »
The big confusion in ED's testimony was the street names. She remembered the physical layout quite well, but she had gotten into her head that the through street, Twin Trees Ln., was instead named Retreat View Circle. O'Mara at first tried to fix that by getting her to say that RVC was the one that circled RATL, which she did. But the next time she was describing the physical layout on Twin Trees Ln., she was still calling it Retreat View Circle. Then O'Mara tried to show her an overhead photo, but had technical problems and gave up on it, as I mentioned. So that was left unresolved.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 08:51:56 PM »
At around 11:30 of this video, she says that the car was parked on Retreat View Circle, a little to the left of the T area we all know.  During the next couple of minutes O'Mara gets here to concede the street in question was probably Twin Trees Lane and that the car was a little to the right as you go out the front of the Lauer house.  I suppose that is enough to establish the car location for closing arguments.  Of course Zimmerman also placed it around there during his interview with Singleton and that is also before the jury, but apparently O'Mara felt he needed the extra confirmation.  I agree that the prosecution will also adopt this as the position of the car and won't go near any of the wilder Internet theories about Z getting out at the clubhouse to chase M on foot.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 01:14:05 AM »
During the next couple of minutes O'Mara gets her to concede the street in question was probably Twin Trees Lane and that the car was a little to the right as you go out the front of the Lauer house.

I don't hear 'probably'.

12:32
ED: It could have been. I, I, you know, I, all I know is that it was on one of those curves.

At this point O'Mara was both describing the streets and using the names. ED didn't have a map and didn't recall which name went with which street, so she was hopelessly confused.

O'Mara felt he needed the extra confirmation.

I don't agree. If he needed it he could have gotten it from a better witness, maybe Osterman, or the police officer who ran the tag. If neither of them knew, he could have called Shellie herself. If he didn't want to do that because of her own legal problems, he could have kept ED until they got the tech working to show her a map.

I suspect O'Mara asked ED about this because he want to give her story a bit more verisimilitude, not because he thought he might need the point for the closing argument. If he or West write a book, maybe it will be explained.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 01:18:31 AM by nomatter_nevermind »

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 01:25:37 AM »
From the video, I notice something I missed before.

ED said normally after entering RATL through the front gate, she would turn right to go home, which makes sense if she lived near the Zimmermans. On this occasion, she saw the crime scene tape and went left. I don't see how she could have seen the tape from that intersection.

Offline Lousy1

• Rate Post +6/-30
  • Fetch my hammer
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 06:14:17 AM »
Do we know what areas were taped? The top of the T?

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 07:24:01 AM »
Do we know what areas were taped?

There is video from the local FOX affiliate. It's not hard to find, but I don't time to do it myself right now.

Some Stills.

Site Meter
click
tracking