Author Topic: Eloise Dilligard, Zimm. Neighbor  (Read 5492 times)

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Eloise Dilligard, Zimm. Neighbor
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2013, 10:21:00 AM »
From the video, I notice something I missed before.

ED said normally after entering RATL through the front gate, she would turn right to go home, which makes sense if she lived near the Zimmermans. On this occasion, she saw the crime scene tape and went left. I don't see how she could have seen the tape from that intersection.

I'm going to guess all the flashing red and blue lights caught her attention first and caused her to be curioius enough to remain on her southerly path on TTL past the RVC intersection until she got to where she could look left and see the tape down by 1211.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2013, 10:37:27 AM »
I'm going to guess all the flashing red and blue lights caught her attention first and caused her to be curioius enough to remain on her southerly path on TTL past the RVC intersection until she got to where she could look left and see the tape down by 1211.

Shhh. There's no room in his life for simple common sense explanations.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2013, 10:44:33 AM »
Shhh. There's no room in his life for simple common sense explanations.

That was my guess as to what might have happened but it in no way invalidates his point about whether she could see the tape when she was at the point where she would ordinarily have turned right onto RVC.

I'm thinking she has to abort that turn and stick the nose of the car a little further south on TTL before she can see it, but later her memory gets telescoped into not making usual turn because of seeing tape.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2013, 10:47:16 AM »
That was my guess as to what might have happened but it in no way invalidates his point about whether she could see the tape when she was at the point where she would ordinarily have turned right onto RVC.

I'm thinking she has to abort that turn and stick the nose of the car a little further south on TTL before she can see it, but later her memory gets telescoped into not making usual turn because of seeing tape.

No, it makes sense. Much more sense than assuming she lied, say.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2013, 11:00:32 AM »
When I run across what seems like a slight snag in someone's story, assuming that they intentionally lied is not my first instinct, but I still see something that doesn't quite work the way it's supposed to and want to clear up the mystery.

Without evidence to the contrary, I'm going to assume that nomatter_nevermind and others are much the same way.

Besides, if any of us were to accuse Mrs. Dilligard to her face of lying, I'm not sure we'd survive the look she'd give us.  :)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2013, 11:34:20 AM »

I'm thinking the state could have objected to many of O'Mara's questions as leading. It makes sense that they wouldn't, because they wouldn't want to be seen as keeping the sick woman longer than necessary over technicalities, and the story wasn't consequential for the case.

It was O'Mara, leading her through the story, who suggested the tape was what caught her attention. It makes sense that it was really the cars, with or without active lights.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2013, 11:47:40 AM »
And of course the real reason for calling her had nothing to do with crime scene tape or flashing lights anyway.

Offline Cylinder

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • IANAL
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2013, 12:49:24 PM »
And of course the real reason for calling her had nothing to do with crime scene tape or flashing lights anyway.

So, you think her voice id significant testimony? :)

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2013, 12:54:43 PM »
So, you think her voice id significant testimony? :)

I think "Here's a nice, respectable black lady who lived next door to alleged racist George and thought the world of him" to be just as much of why they put her on as the voice thing.

If not more.

Site Meter
click
tracking