George Zimmerman Trial Coverage > Verdict Watch and Reactions

Verdict Watch

(1/31) > >>

TalkLeft:
This thread will open when the jury retires to deliberate.

cboldt:
Looks like jury watch time.  I wonder how late they are allowed to work, each day.  Do they get to set their own hours, or does the Court restrict them?

annoyedbeyond:

--- Quote from: cboldt on July 12, 2013, 01:23:22 PM ---Looks like jury watch time.  I wonder how late they are allowed to work, each day.  Do they get to set their own hours, or does the Court restrict them?

--- End quote ---

There's been a tweet from the court spokesman that they're going to be allowed back to the hotel when they're tired.

But one of the Twitter Lawyer Mafia (Hornsby I think) said the other day that JDN kept everyone in the court room until 4AM for a verdict once, so who really knows.

cboldt:

--- Quote from: annoyedbeyond on July 12, 2013, 01:28:55 PM ---There's been a tweet from the court spokesman that they're going to be allowed back to the hotel when they're tired.

But one of the Twitter Lawyer Mafia (Hornsby I think) said the other day that JDN kept everyone in the court room until 4AM for a verdict once, so who really knows.

--- End quote ---

Sounds like the jury can choose their own hours then.  If they want to work until 10 pm, or whenever, they can.  Each day.  I thought maybe the court would limit them to bankers hours or something.  If I was on a jury, I'd want to set my own hours, and I would bristle at the court telling me to stop deliberating.

annoyedbeyond:
While we wait...there's about 20-30 minutes of pre-taped just released CNN interview with O'Mara.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2013/07/12/intv-savidge-omara-prosecutor-and-judge.cnn.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version