Author Topic: Verdict Watch  (Read 15326 times)

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Verdict Watch
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2013, 10:47:54 AM »
I'll have to listen to what the judge said from the bench.  I thought I heard her say they were separated from the 6 jurors, and dismissed, excused.

I listened to it.  Nelson listed the three remaining alternates, said they had been separated from the others, and would be discharged and given papers to show proof of jury service to their employers.

I guess she's like the prosecution, inviting us to leap to the conclusion that they were discharged and had been given proof of service papers as of yesterday; when what she was communicating was that they will be discharged and given proof of service papers at some indefinite time in the future.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2013, 10:51:04 AM »
I listened to it.  Nelson listed the three remaining alternates, said they had been separated from the others, and would be discharged and given papers to show proof of jury service to their employers.

I guess she's like the prosecution, inviting us to leap to the conclusion that they were discharged and had been given proof of service papers as of yesterday; when what she was communicating was that they will be discharged and given proof of service papers at some indefinite time in the future.

Guess that's why the confusion.

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2013, 10:52:56 AM »
I'm going to speculate that Nelson decided to sequester the alternates until a verdict is read, so the alternates are prohibited from contact with the press before a verdict is rendered.

Al that does is delay any conflict between the alternates and the jurors, assuming not all 9 saw the case the same way; and it also cuts off any pre-notice to the public that would result if the alternates telegraphed "acquittal so big he is innocent" to the press.  I would not be surprised that the CRS told Nelson to keep the alternates under sequestration.

Offline Meni

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2013, 11:13:50 AM »
There is always a delay.  I've read a few remarks that indicate she's giving the lawyers 15 minutes to get to the courtroom, once the jury has told the court that it has reached a verdict.  The press is apoplectic over that, they are accustomed to having an hour to pump up the audience.

I see.
I was wondering if it was a possible maneuver that could be used by the judge to announce the verdict at a time more advantageous for minimizing some of the predicted social unrest.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2013, 11:15:03 AM »
I would not be surprised that the CRS told Nelson to keep the alternates under sequestration.

I'm sorry I can't keep up with all the acronyms. What is the CRS?

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2013, 11:15:19 AM »
Jeff Deen tweeted to D. Tennis that he checked and the alternates were actually sent home.

Apparently they're just not talking or making themselves available.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2013, 11:16:57 AM »
I'm sorry I can't keep up with all the acronyms. What is the CRS?
http://www.justice.gov/crs/

DOJ community relations service. The branch Judicial Watch found out gave money to protestors in FL.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2013, 11:50:30 AM »
DOJ community relations service.

Right. I know who they are. They arranged for the four reserved seats for pastors. They've been involved from the beginning, officially to keep the peace. I just didn't immediately think of them as people who would be giving Nelson orders about her jury.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2013, 11:53:33 AM »
Right. I know who they are. They arranged for the four reserved seats for pastors. They've been involved from the beginning, officially to keep the peace. I just didn't immediately think of them as people who would be giving Nelson orders about her jury.

Not sure I do either, despite the drumbeats from the CTH and Alex Jones. It's perfectly reasonable to me that JDN is simply a bad tempered judge who's always favored the prosecution over the defense, I'm sure that got magnified by this case.

That's not to let the CRS off the hook for what they've been up to, just that I don't buy the JDN connection.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2013, 11:58:43 AM »
Not sure I do either, despite the drumbeats from the CTH and Alex Jones. It's perfectly reasonable to me that JDN is simply a bad tempered judge who's always favored the prosecution over the defense, I'm sure that got magnified by this case.

That's not to let the CRS off the hook for what they've been up to, just that I don't buy the JDN connection.

I think that's the reason. When she was first assigned to the case, some articles mentioned she was a prosecutors' judge with a reputation for denying continuances.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2013, 12:07:28 PM »
I think that's the reason. When she was first assigned to the case, some articles mentioned she was a prosecutors' judge with a reputation for denying continuances.

During the trial Diana Tennis and Richard Hornsby were tweeting that nothing we were seeing was out of the ordinary for her, and they've both been before her. Although that did change when she and West really got going at each other, no one had seen either of them behave that way before.

So, yeah. Bad tempered prosecution judge who appears to have been fighting a cold or bad allergies during the trial to boot.

Offline Meni

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2013, 12:56:21 PM »
If no Zimmerman verdict today, court spokeswoman: jurors will be given option to deliberate Sunday: "The jurors are driving this train."

Bob Kealing Tweet
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 12:58:17 PM by Meni »

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2013, 01:00:51 PM »
If no Zimmerman verdict today, court spokeswoman: jurors will be given option to deliberate Sunday: "The jurors are driving this train."

As it should be.

Offline Meni

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2013, 01:08:38 PM »

Offline Meni

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2013, 01:11:26 PM »

Diana Tennis @TennisLaw

BTW some of our best appellate lawyers are at the appellate PD office in Daytona Beach, they will rock any brief needed for GZ.

Site Meter
click
tracking