Author Topic: Verdict Watch  (Read 17299 times)

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Verdict Watch
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2013, 01:40:01 PM »
Diana Tennis @TennisLaw

BTW some of our best appellate lawyers are at the appellate PD office in Daytona Beach, they will rock any brief needed for GZ.

Pretty sure O'Mara would do it. He's going to be trying to sell a book soon. No point in ticking off the GZ supporters by bailing.

Pretty sure Diana also tweeted something about O'Mara probably feeling obligated to do it himself.

ETA: "compelled" not "obligated".

« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 01:45:30 PM by annoyedbeyond »

Offline Meni

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2013, 01:47:27 PM »
Pretty sure O'Mara would do it. He's going to be trying to sell a book soon. No point in ticking off the GZ supporters by bailing.

Pretty sure Diana also tweeted something about O'Mara probably feeling obligated to do it himself.

I think she said he would feel compelled but he's not legally obligated to handle the appeal(s).

I personally do not imagine him bringing in another atty to do it, after all of his personal investment in the case-
Unless he wanted to make sure Zimmerman retained ineffective counsel claim (if there is even a basis for that).

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2013, 03:57:16 PM »
That Judicial Watch press release has been disputed,
The conservative outlets that have published stories alleging bias seem to have been pushed in that direction by a Judicial Watch press release that misquoted one of the documents it obtained. While the press release claimed that CRS spent $892.55 "to provide support for protest deployment in Florida," the travel voucher that Judicial Watch published actually states the purpose was "to provide interregional support," indicating that a CRS employee came in from out of the area to assist his or her colleagues.

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2013, 03:57:47 PM »
Prosecution and press in the courtroom.  Not sure what's up, tweeting press people speculate a jury question.

Nelson says the question is, "May we please have clarification on the instructions regarding manslaughter."  Asks counsel to come to sidebar to propose an answer.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2013, 04:06:14 PM »
That Judicial Watch press release has been disputed,

Ricky, I mentioned what CRS is supposed to have done as simply a way to quickly ID the group for NM when he asked. Notice I didn't bother to get down in the political mud.

I'm happy enough to do it--but I also know The Hostess doesn't want that to happen here.

FYI.

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2013, 04:06:40 PM »
At about 6:03, counsel must have settled on an answer to send the the jury.  Nelson announced that court would be in recess for 30 minutes.

Offline Meni

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2013, 04:07:26 PM »
Prosecution and press in the courtroom.  Not sure what's up, tweeting press people speculate a jury question.

Nelson says the question is, "May we please have clarification on the instructions regarding manslaughter."  Asks counsel to come to sidebar to propose an answer.

30 minute recess now.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2013, 04:32:28 PM »
Talking heads and FLTM think this means M2 is off the table.

Hornsby thinks it favors GZ.

Why are they bringing Geraldo in to chat about this? Good grief.

They should be back any minute with the answer from the lawyers for the jury.

Offline Meni

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2013, 04:36:04 PM »
Talking heads and FLTM think this means M2 is off the table.

Hornsby thinks it favors GZ.

Why are they bringing Geraldo in to chat about this? Good grief.

They should be back any minute with the answer from the lawyers for the jury.

I really thought the instructions were ill written so I haven't been fretting.

Geraldo.
Really? Really?

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2013, 04:38:50 PM »

Geraldo.
Really? Really?

Although it is interesting to hear him talk about how things have changed since it first happened (things meaning perception of the facts of the event).

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2013, 04:39:26 PM »
At about 6:03, counsel must have settled on an answer to send the the jury.  Nelson announced that court would be in recess for 30 minutes.

Why recess if it's settled?

Speculation on Twitter is the recess is for researching case law. Makes sense to me.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2013, 04:41:32 PM »

Right. This could have nothing to do with the evidence in the case. It could just be that some of the jurors are confused by the wording of the instruction, and want it straightened out before they proceed.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2013, 04:44:04 PM »

I think the recess may be to allow the judge and lawyers to research case law.

Offline Meni

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2013, 04:44:15 PM »
Right. This could have nothing to do with the evidence in the case. It could just be that some of the jurors are confused by the wording of the instruction, and want it straightened out before they proceed.

I bet it's one of the elements of MS.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2013, 04:44:22 PM »

That's what the FLTM members seem to be saying.

Lawyers were back in the court room, along with Crump and NatJack etc but then...nothing.

They're back.

Site Meter
click
tracking