George Zimmerman Trial Coverage > Closing Arguments

State's First Closing Argument

(1/27) > >>

TalkLeft:
Here is a thread to discuss the state's initial closing argument to be made July 11, 2013.

Update: Here is a slideshow I made of some of the states' exhibits used in closing and some photos from the closing.

Graphics From State's Closing

cboldt:
De la Rionda starts at about 1:42.  Claims Martin is dead through no fault of his own, and that blame is assigned to Zimmerman on account of assumptions (hmmm, not ill will?) made by Zimmerman.

Zimmerman acted upon assumptions, and because of that, a 17 year old man is dead.

annoyedbeyond:

--- Quote from: cboldt on July 11, 2013, 11:44:25 AM ---De la Rionda starts at about 1:42.  Claims Martin is dead through no fault of his own, and that blame is assigned to Zimmerman on account of assumptions (hmmm, not ill will?) made by Zimmerman.

Zimmerman acted upon assumptions, and because of that, a 17 year old man is dead.

--- End quote ---

An  hour ago they were trying to convince JDN it was child abuse.

Now we're back to "young boy".

I need to not watch this.

cboldt:
De la Rionda shows the jury a photo, and says this is one of the last photos taken of the young man (I wonder if this is the Hollister teeshirt picture --- just kidding).

Zimmerman didn't attempt CPR.  Zimmerman had a matter of fact tone when he asked Manalo to tell Shellie, I shot somebody (de la Rionda said Zimmerman's remark was that he had just killed somebody, but there is evidence that Zimmerman didn't know Martin was dead until hours later).

Getting into the events leading up - going months before the shooting.  I sense wannabe cop and building frustration story coming on.

I'm headed out to do some chores.  Won't be back before Bernardo is done.  He's so far not as animated as Guy was in opening.  I'll read to see if the show was entertaining enough to watch.

TalkLeft:
Said GZ Claimed not to realize TM was dead
did not attempt to render aid

He profiled him as a criminal and assumed he was up to no good and that is what led to his death

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version