Author Topic: Court Releases Final Jury Instruction  (Read 1572 times)

Offline Cylinder

• Rate Post +0/-0
  • IANAL
Court Releases Final Jury Instruction
« on: July 11, 2013, 09:03:20 PM »
The Eighteenth Judicial Circuit Court website has released  the 27-page final jury instructions for State of Florida vs. George Zimmerman.

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Court Releases Final Jury Instruction
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 09:46:51 PM »
My first reading found the document very confusing because of redundancies and irrelevancies.  I don't think "Excusable Homicide" has been discussed on this forum before.  Does this give Zimmerman another way to be acquitted?
The killing of another human being is excusable, and therefore lawful, under any one of the three following circumstances:
2. When the killing occurs by accident and misfortune in the heat of passion, upon any sudden and sufficient provocation,
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 09:55:24 PM by RickyJim »

Offline Meni

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 09:56:21 PM »
My first reading found the document very confusing because of redundancies and irrelevancies.  I don't think "Excusable Homicide" has been discussed on this forum before.  Does this give Zimmerman another added out?

I was under the impression that those are forfeited in a self defense claim because self defense indicates a rational response.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 10:46:23 PM »
I don't see why the defense and state don't stipulate to the fact that, for instance, a deadly weapon was used, and eliminate all the language that applies only when a deadly weapon isn't used.

Site Meter
click
tracking