George Zimmerman Trial Coverage > Jury Instructions

Court Releases Final Jury Instruction

(1/1)

Cylinder:
The Eighteenth Judicial Circuit Court website has released  the 27-page final jury instructions for State of Florida vs. George Zimmerman.

RickyJim:
My first reading found the document very confusing because of redundancies and irrelevancies.  I don't think "Excusable Homicide" has been discussed on this forum before.  Does this give Zimmerman another way to be acquitted?
--- Quote ---The killing of another human being is excusable, and therefore lawful, under any one of the three following circumstances:
2. When the killing occurs by accident and misfortune in the heat of passion, upon any sudden and sufficient provocation,
--- End quote ---

Meni:

--- Quote from: RickyJim on July 11, 2013, 09:46:51 PM ---My first reading found the document very confusing because of redundancies and irrelevancies.  I don't think "Excusable Homicide" has been discussed on this forum before.  Does this give Zimmerman another added out?

--- End quote ---

I was under the impression that those are forfeited in a self defense claim because self defense indicates a rational response.

MJW:
I don't see why the defense and state don't stipulate to the fact that, for instance, a deadly weapon was used, and eliminate all the language that applies only when a deadly weapon isn't used.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version