Author Topic: Kruidbos, Whistle-Blower Fired Friday Night  (Read 2771 times)

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
Kruidbos, Whistle-Blower Fired Friday Night
« on: July 13, 2013, 06:47:11 AM »
http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2013-07-13/story/state-attorney-angela-corey-fires-information-techonology-director-who

Before Kruidbos’ name surfaced in the Martin trial proceedings, he received a pay raise for “meritorious performance,” according to a document dated May 16 in his personnel file.

But the dismissal letter written by Peek contends he did his job poorly as information technology director and said he should have asked someone in the office about his concerns regarding the Martin case.

“Your egregious lack of regard for the sensitive nature of the information handled by this office is completely abhorrent,” Peek wrote. “You have proven to be completely untrustworthy. Because of your deliberate, wilful and unscrupulous actions, you can never again be trusted to step foot in this office.”

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Kruidbos, Whistle-Blower Fired Friday Night
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 07:09:15 AM »
No big deal, but he got his walking papers in the morning.  From a CTH thread (I haven't rooted deeper for source, it's not an important fact) . . .

"a state attorney investigator went to Ben Kruidbos' home about 7:30 a.m. to hand-deliver a letter stating Kruidbos "can never again be trusted to step foot in this office.""

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 07:24:31 AM »
You're right. For some reason my brain put "P.M." when it saw "A.M." It's right there in the link I posted. I just screwed it up.

Yay me! ;D

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 07:34:01 AM »
You're right. For some reason my brain put "P.M." when it saw "A.M." It's right there in the link I posted. I just screwed it up.

Yay me! ;D

Well, you got your mistake for the day out of the way early.  I think my quota for mistakes today is something around 133 units or so, and I'm about half way there already!   

Offline Meni

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 07:45:09 AM »
Not a surprise I'm sure, although 730am???

Anyway, aside from seeking review from another SA, what exactly would his recourse be?

Offline cboldt

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 07:51:53 AM »
Not a surprise I'm sure, although 730am???

Anyway, aside from seeking review from another SA, what exactly would his recourse be?

I think he's screwed.  That's just the way the prosecutor and law roll.  To be protected as a whistleblower, he has to bring the issue to the attention of the people in charge, "in-house."

Offline Meni

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 08:03:12 AM »
I think he's screwed.  That's just the way the prosecutor and law roll.  To be protected as a whistleblower, he has to bring the issue to the attention of the people in charge, "in-house."

Thought as much.

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 10:38:44 AM »

There is no consideration that he couldn't trust anyone "in house?"  The prosecution showed their true colors for a year and a half.

Can he sue to get his job back?

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 01:59:20 PM »
Can he sue to get his job back?

Kruidbos is suing, for $5 million, attorney's fees, and 'Such other relief as the court deems just and proper.'

Site Meter
click
tracking