Author Topic: Courthouse Demonstrations  (Read 2862 times)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Courthouse Demonstrations
« on: July 13, 2013, 08:50:14 AM »
I don't know if this topic is acceptable. I will soon learn.

I thought people should know about this.

The tweeter who reported this describes the 2 gentlemen as supporters of GZ. I would say at least one of them clearly isn't, but wants to hijack the case for his pet causes. I think it's sad.

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Courthouse Demonstrations
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 09:03:10 AM »
Another photo, from the same source. The source is WFTV reporter Deneige Broom. It seems she is covering the outside of the courthouse, as Kathi Belich has been covering the inside.

This photo shows a broader view of the courthouse lawn. It is divided by a barrier, a low fence of what looks like metal tubing. On the right are a small small crowd of 20 to 30, identified as supporters of TM. On the left there seem to be 4 people, identified as supporters of GZ.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 03:17:17 PM »
Reports from the courthouse. Deputies have broken up a fight between rival protesters. One man arrested.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 03:19:52 PM by nomatter_nevermind »

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 03:29:54 PM »
Why do you say "one man arrested" with a link going to a picture of someone being talked to by the cops?

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 03:56:27 PM »
Why do you say "one man arrested" with a link going to a picture of someone being talked to by the cops?

Because I was careless. The report was that the man was questioned, not arrested. Thanks for catching that.

A later report is that there was no physical altercation, just a verbal one between two individuals. Deputies separated and talked to them, both allowed to remain.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 04:01:54 PM »
Because I was careless. The report was that the man was questioned, not arrested. Thanks for catching that.

A later report is that there was no physical altercation, just a verbal one between two individuals. Deputies separated and talked to them, both allowed to remain.

Were you careless or did you just rely on 'the media'?  Knowing you these many months I can't believe it was you.  :)

I think it's kind of silly to have that one metal fence line between the rival crowds. A single row like that almost invites confrontation. A double row with 5-6 feet between would be a better choice.

Although it doesn't seem like things are getting particularly heated. Yet, anyway.

Site Meter
click
tracking