George Zimmerman Trial Coverage > Trial Motions and Rulings

Post Trial, 7/23/13, Bond Discharged, Amicus Curiae

(1/3) > >>

nomatter_nevermind:

Detailed Case View has three items for 7/23.

Bond Discharged.

Motion to file Amicus Curiae Brief.

Amicus Curiae Brief.

Nothing on who filed the brief, or the subject.

Trial's over. What's to amicus about?

Nothing new at GZ Legal.

cboldt:

--- Quote from: nomatter_nevermind on July 24, 2013, 08:25:51 AM ---Detailed Case View has three items for 7/23.

Bond Discharged.

Motion to file Amicus Curiae Brief.

Amicus Curiae Brief.

Nothing on who filed the brief, or the subject.

Trial's over. What's to amicus about?

Nothing new at GZ Legal.

--- End quote ---

A few guesses what it could be related to.  There are a few loose ends.  It could be related to the length of time the juror names are ordered to be kept secret; or to having the Settlement Agreement unsealed/sealed (right now O'Mara holds the key to that); or it could be related to the hold on / unlawful seizure of evidence; or it could be related to sanctions against the prosecutor for Brady violations.

DebFrmHell:
I am hoping for Brady violations.  Their pattern of releasing evidence just before they were getting legally called out on it was ridiculous.  The 12th that they dropped on the podium just before the hearing was one of those things that will stick in my mind for a good long time.

Raoul:
5 min mark of this video O'Mara asked about amicus filings.
Done buy someone out of State (Ga) not esq after mane requesting new trial based on improper jury instruction. Frivolous.

Mark O'Mara pressor about family in overturned SUV that GZ helped July 24 2013... http://fb.me/1RMxmhynS

TalkLeft:
I heard the reporter ask about someone filing a motion for new trial based on the prosecutor not doing a good job. O'Mara said he doesn't think the filer was an attorney because there was no Esq. after his name. He also said there's no foundation for it.

It will be thrown out. There is no vehicle through which the court can grant a new trial after an acquittal. It would violate double jeopardy, for one thing. It's a waste of time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version