Author Topic: O'Mara and West Interviewed by George Stephanopoulos  (Read 4770 times)

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
O'Mara and West Interviewed by George Stephanopoulos
« on: July 24, 2013, 02:43:25 PM »
In the interview, O'Mara mentions the possibility of civil action against people in the special prosecutor's office.

(H/T to liesel on the Random Topics blog.)

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: O'Mara and West Interviewed by George Stephanopoulos
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 05:43:29 PM »
I heard a bit more there than just the SP office.

I think I heard Gov. Scott, Pam Bondi...State of FL.

I think he said something about all the people involved--and Corey doesn't get the case without Scott jumping in, I think at Bondi's urging.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 06:00:36 PM »
I heard a bit more there than just the SP office.

I think I heard Gov. Scott, Pam Bondi...

I don't think so.

Officially, Scott and Bondi asked Corey to investigate the case. Charging it was her decision.

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 09:47:10 PM »
I have removed a thread discussing an interview with negative information about Trayvon Martin. It is inappropriate and against forum rules. Character attacks are not allowed here.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 11:48:26 PM »
I have removed a thread discussing an interview with negative information about Trayvon Martin. It is inappropriate and against forum rules. Character attacks are not allowed here.

Your forum, your rules, of course, but I don't think it was unreasonable to assume a subject can be discussed when it's talked about in a public interview by GZ's defense team.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 06:13:14 AM »

was that the one that linked to a video on real clear politics where O'Mara was appearing on what appeared to me to be an internet radio show (or similar)?

If it was--I kind of have to agree with MJW, especially given my theory that O'Mara engaged in the conversation to sort of get the information out there as a way of heading off potential civil suits (and maybe even serve some notice to the DOJ?).

But certainly, Jeralyn's place, her rules.

Offline TalkLeft

• Administrator
  • Rate Post +0/-0
    • TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 06:50:50 PM »
Yes that was the one. O'Mara did not say they had any evidence Trayvon was under the influence of any drug besides marijuana at the time of the shooting. He was discussing his understanding of some of Martin's tweets. He was unable to link anything in the autopsy to abuse of any other drug. He explained why he didn't seek to introduce evidence of it in court.  It's a character attack and not permitted here.

I'm sorry if you all want to speculate about this but I'll again insist you not do it here.

Neither his tweets nor his friends tweets came into evidence.

Site Meter
click
tracking