Author Topic: Zimmerman Warned for Speeding in Texas  (Read 4924 times)

Offline DiwataMan

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Zimmerman Warned for Speeding in Texas
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 03:12:33 PM »
Yup - same idea. It never helps your chances to get off with a warning if you draw suspicion when they approach or treat them like they're stupid. It's just another way of acknowledging that you are cooperative. Zimmerman also does a good job of parking in the far right of the shoulder - giving the patrol officer room to safely approach the car with oncoming traffic.

For myself anyway I've never thought of it in a framework of cooperation or compliance rather an understanding or consideration of the cops position of not knowing who you are or what you may do so some of the actions we're talking about are expressing oneself as non threatening, keeping both your hands visible on the wheel as he approaches is probably the most important in that regard, the window down helps with the visibility of the hands and the engine off indicates you have a less likely ability to drive off suddenly, the hazards on is a good idea too for safety for everyone and like you said giving extra distance so the cop is not standing out in the road is good to show consideration for his safety. I say pulling over way early like that though is the least important of all of these and most of the time unnecessary, I don't think continuing to drive, though at the speed limit and in the right lane, expresses anything negative, maybe even just the opposite because if he is coming after you for speeding he sees that you slowed and moved to the right lane as if in preparation to be pulled over thereby showing the same consideration. Lol, we're writing the guidebook to help people get warnings instead of fines.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 03:14:55 PM by DiwataMan »

Offline IgnatiusJDonnelly

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2013, 03:31:51 PM »
Or you drive the speed limit. 

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2013, 04:17:48 PM »
Or you drive the speed limit.

Oh hey now...That is NOT going to happen in my case.  Guilty of a lead foot! 

;)

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2013, 06:56:53 AM »
I haven't been pulled over in 30 odd years...

Me neither.

The even numbered years, on the other hand...

;D

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2013, 07:29:37 AM »
Me neither.

The even numbered years, on the other hand...

;D

There's one in every crowd... ::)

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2013, 08:54:30 PM »
There's one in every crowd... ::)
unitron has been the one in our crowd for some time now!  LOL.  He has been a pain in the buttocks for a few other sites.  That is why I like him/her.

;)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2013, 03:30:55 AM »
FOX News, 8/2/13
A Texas city plans to question the police officer who pulled over George Zimmerman because the lawman reportedly snapped a picture with his personal phone during the traffic stop.

The city manager of Forney told FOX 4 that the officer, who has not been identified, was not on duty Thursday and will be questioned when he returned.

The unmistakable sound of an iPhone camera’s “click” can clearly be heard on dashcam footage while the officer sat in his squad car inputting Zimmerman’s license information. The phone’s “unlocking” sound and typing on the keyboard can then be heard on the footage.

The officer could be disciplined if any Forney police policies were violated. Law enforcement experts said it’s not uncommon for police officers to take photos  while on duty or take photos to send to supervisors when looking for direction in certain situations, the station reports.

Offline SuzieTampa

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2013, 08:44:50 AM »
InForney seems to be a good source. It reports that TMZ was wrong about there being an "investigation" into the police officer, and Yahoo News got the name wrong for the officer. http://inforney.com/home/local-news/item/1184-officer-in-zimmerman-traffic-stop-misidentified-questions-linger-regarding-photograph

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2013, 09:59:49 AM »
InForney seems to be a good source. It reports that TMZ was wrong about there being an "investigation" into the police officer, and Yahoo News got the name wrong for the officer. http://inforney.com/home/local-news/item/1184-officer-in-zimmerman-traffic-stop-misidentified-questions-linger-regarding-photograph

When asked what the picture would have been used for, [City Manager Brian] Brooks could only speculate the officer may have been sending the picture to his supervisor.

Maybe with this message.

We caught a BIG one!

Because GZ is so famous, of course.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2013, 02:07:46 PM »
I could see a street cop wanting guidance. You let him go...maybe it's favoritism. You give him a ticket...maybe it's some kind of payback.

Offline SuzieTampa

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2013, 04:13:12 PM »
Forney can't catch a break. A tornado last year, and Zimmerman this year. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORWJmMRObUY

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2013, 04:10:21 PM »
Maybe with this message.

We caught a BIG one!

Because GZ is so famous, of course.

NoMatter, it never ceases to amaze me when you make me laugh!!!   :o :D ;)

You have no idea how right you are.  I wouldn't think that Fornay gets much in the way of "celebrities."   

Offline SuzieTampa

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2013, 06:10:04 PM »
The officer won't be disciplined.

The city manager said the officer took the photo and sent it to his lieutenant. The officer told city officials he wanted his superiors to be aware of who he stopped in case there were questions from the media

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/23051527/no-punishment-for-forney-officer-who-snapped-zimmerman-photo#ixzz2bEmB7n8b

Site Meter
click
tracking