Author Topic: Frank Taaffe's Involvement  (Read 2779 times)

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
Frank Taaffe's Involvement
« on: August 08, 2013, 06:48:47 AM »
I don't dispute anything in this article but its title may help stereotype those of us who agree with the verdict.  Besides here, there don't seem to be many places where you can discuss the case from a perspective that it had nothing to do with race.
George Zimmerman's Biggest Defender: A Racist With a Criminal Past
Frank Taaffe, Zimmerman's unofficial media emissary, is a convicted criminal who recently appeared on The White Voice, a virulently racist podcast.

Offline SuzieTampa

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Frank Taaffe's Involvement
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 08:01:02 AM »
I hadn't followed Taaffe, and I didn't realize all the stuff he was spewing. Some of the Taaffe quotes are stone-cold racist (in my opinion). But I don't think disagreeing with public policy is racist in and of itself, and the magazine lumps both together under "racial animus." For example, black conservatives also complain of unwed mothers, welfare, affirmative action, crime, etc. Don't misunderstand me -- Taaffe sounds like a horrible guy. I just want to be able to debate public policy without being accused of racism. And, for the record, I'm liberal.

I wish GZ would say publicly that he doesn't agree with Taaffe. 

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 07:12:57 PM »
Frank Taafe is an unapologically  racist assbite.  I couldn't believe any station would give him air time during the trial.

IMO.  Of course.

Offline vegas

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 08:48:06 PM »
Frank Taafe is an unapologically  racist assbite.  I couldn't believe any station would give him air time during the trial.

IMO.  Of course.
I found Taaffe to be okay. He defended George against all enemies, both foreign and domestic almost daily on HLN. I did not find Taaffe to be a racist, but exercising his 1st Amendment Rights to express his opinions. 
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 08:54:40 PM by vegas »

Offline DiwataMan

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 09:39:32 PM »
"George Zimmerman's Biggest Defender: A Racist..."

That's redundant as you can't be a Zimmerman defender without being a racist or an Uncle Tom.

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 11:10:35 PM »
I wish GZ would say publicly that he doesn't agree with Taaffe.

I think Taaffe is below the radar of most people who aren't followers of the case. GZ is better off ignoring him.

Taaffe's FBI interview is 127-28/284. It gives me the impression that Taaffe's relationship to GZ was distant, notwithstanding those who would represent the two as best buds.

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 12:12:49 PM »

IMO.  Of course.

So why is a guy like that friends with the hispanic, black-loving Zimmerman?

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 01:36:27 AM »
So why is a guy like that friends with the hispanic, black-loving Zimmerman?

As far as I remember, GZ referred to him as Mr. Taafe while Taafe referred to GZ as George.  I never got the impression that they were that close.  At least not as close as Taafe would have it.

Anywhoo, it was just an observation.

Offline turbo6

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 11:08:37 AM »
Frank was probably the worst person to have involved in a case like this. RZ Jr was much better suited for this. Even Joe Oliver came off as much less toxic. I can see the frustration defending GZ in the spotlight but Frank lost his cool way too quick and then it all went downhill from there.

Offline vegas

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2013, 02:49:39 PM »
Frank was probably the worst person to have involved in a case like this. RZ Jr was much better suited for this. Even Joe Oliver came off as much less toxic. I can see the frustration defending GZ in the spotlight but Frank lost his cool way too quick and then it all went downhill from there.

Frank was the one that HLN and CNN wanted. What went downhill? Frank was on almost every day defending George against a gang of panelist. He did very well. Obviously, HLN and CNN wanted Frank Taaffee, not RJ or Joe Oliver. Frank was the guy on the front line. Loved it when George found Not Guilty. Those commentators went nuts as did the same crowd when Jackson was found Not Guilty. What's to complain about Frank? He was Johnny on the Spot and was not afraid to take on the other panelist including Ms Ali.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 02:56:38 PM by vegas »

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 03:30:34 PM »
Frank was the one that HLN and CNN wanted. What went downhill? Frank was on almost every day defending George against a gang of panelist.

I saw some of those HLN panels. I didn't think Taaffe did much defending of GZ. Mostly they wrangled about irrelevancies, racial issues and the like.

Were I in GZ's place, I would not have been pleased with Taaffe's antics.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 03:33:39 PM »
Frank was the one that HLN and CNN wanted.

Do you think those networks wanted Taaffe because they thought he made GZ look good?

Offline annoyedbeyond

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2013, 04:04:48 PM »
Some people like people that are feisty, some people like people that are conciliatory.

You know?

Offline vegas

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2013, 05:55:46 PM »
I saw some of those HLN panels. I didn't think Taaffe did much defending of GZ. Mostly they wrangled about irrelevancies, racial issues and the like.

Were I in GZ's place, I would not have been pleased with Taaffe's antics.
I have no doubt that George was pleased and grateful for any and help he got. I saw most, if not all of the panels. Taaffe did okay defending George.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 06:04:59 PM by vegas »

Site Meter
click
tracking