Author Topic: Post Trial Motions, 8/8/13  (Read 10239 times)

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
Post Trial Motions, 8/8/13
« on: August 10, 2013, 07:38:53 PM »
MOTION TO AMEND THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES AND REINSTATE THIS ACTION
AND TRANSFER THE ACTION TO THE MIAMI DADE DISTRICT COURT HOUSE
FOR REHEARING OF PROBABLE CAUSE ARGUMENT AGAINST GEORGE ZIMMERMAN    

MOTION REINSTATE AND CONTINUANCE AGAINST ABOVE NAME DEFENDANT GEORGE
MICHAEL ZIMMERMAN ON BASIS OF NEW ARGUMENT ALL IN COMPLIANCE TO THE
RULES OF DISTRICT COURT CREDIBLE ARGUMENT WITH PERMISSION TO ADVISEMENT
FAMILY

Somebody help me with these.

More frivolous attempts at double jeopardy?

I'm thinking the first might be GZ at last taking some kind of action against the state over the Probable Cause Affidavit. But why Miami? The phrase 'reinstate this action' also seems more consistent with the first hypothesis.       

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Post Trial Motions, 8/8/13
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 11:48:22 PM »
More frivolous attempts at double jeopardy?

I'm thinking the first might be GZ at last taking some kind of action against the state over the Probable Cause Affidavit. But why Miami? The phrase 'reinstate this action' also seems more consistent with the first hypothesis.

I could be wrong, but it sounds like more frivolous motions to me. The language sounds to me more like pseudo-legalese than an actual motion. In fact, it sounds almost like random strings of legal terms generated using a Markov chain.  "Amend the House of Representative"? What's that supposed to mean?

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 12:00:57 AM »
Also, why would the defense team want to transfer the action to the Miami-Dade district? That seems more like something an unhinged Traybot would propose, so that TM would get justice from his peers instead of the heavily-white Sanford-area jury pool.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 12:06:12 AM »
"Amend the House of Representative"? What's that supposed to mean?

That's one of the things I was hoping someone would know.

Also, why would the defense team want to transfer the action to the Miami-Dade district? That seems more like something an unhinged Traybot would propose, so that TM would get justice from his peers instead of the heavily-white Sanford-area jury pool.

My thoughts exactly.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 12:09:54 AM »
The language sounds to me more like pseudo-legalese than an actual motion. In fact, it sounds almost like random strings of legal terms generated using a Markov chain.

That would explain 'rehearing of probable cause argument'.

That one puzzled me. Someone wanting a conviction would have no reason to revisit probable cause.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 12:13:03 AM »
That's one of the things I was hoping someone would know.

After I figure that out, I'll try to decipher, "IN COMPLIANCE TO THE RULES OF DISTRICT COURT CREDIBLE ARGUMENT WITH PERMISSION TO ADVISEMENT FAMILY." I suspect whoever filed it has trouble with language in general, not just legal language. Heck, if I'd known the court accepted any old thing dropped over the transom, I might have submitted a few myself, just as a lark.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 12:16:06 AM »
That one puzzled me. Someone wanting a conviction would have no reason to revisit probable cause.

That does seem puzzling, but I'm not sure we'd be justified in expecting some guiding logic. I am curious to find out what it's all about.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 06:27:04 PM »
The motions (I use the term loosely) are now posted on court's Zimmerman webpage. They're filed by a Mr. Kevin Fennick. They're filed pro se -- hard as it may be to believe the finely-crafted legal arguments are from a non-attorney, not from an ivy league law professor.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 06:34:35 PM »
Apparently this isn't the first finely-crafted legal document filed by Mr. Fennick.

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 06:53:12 PM »
The motions (I use the term loosely) are now posted on court's Zimmerman webpage. They're filed by a Mr. Kevin Fennick.

Thanks.

Mr. Fennick describes himself as 'Former member of Guardian Angels Boston Chapter' (Motion to Reinstate, p. 1). He thoughtfully provides the court what appears to be a copy of the national organization's homepage, offering opportunities to donate and to 'Shop Guardian Angels Gear', several credit cards accepted (p. 3).

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2013, 02:10:31 PM »
More nutty "motions" have been filed.

EMERGENCY MOTION OF COMPLAINT AGAINS GEORGE ZIMMERMAN TRANSFER CRIMINAL ACTION

TO MIAMI DADE TO UPGRADE THE OFFENSE TO CAPITAL MURDER IN COMPLIANCE TO THE

RULES OF THE SEMINOLE COURT AMEND COURT EMPLOYEE SUPPORT TO ZIMMERMAN

AMEND MAGISTRATE ROBERT ZIMMERMAN

This has gotten ridiculous. I think the court should take some action.

Offline jeanmarc8

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2013, 06:42:30 PM »
IANAL

I see these post trial motions as about par for the case actually. The apparent bar for legal matters in this case has been down in the sub-flooring from the beginning.  I expect the case will be best remembered in the judicial world as a bad example not to be followed, particularly for high visibility cases.

I think the judges were run roughshod by the prosecution, without the Wisdom of Solomon apparent from either judge.  The only memorable line from the judge that comes to mind was something about “the prosecution has a strong case” by Judge Lester, to be used in a mocking fashion after the outcome.

The judge is supposed to be protecting the defendant’s rights, and I didn’t see that apparent in this case. I think a wiser choice by Judge Lester would have been to refer the matter to the grand jury at the time of the APC, though I don’t specifically know that is legally possible.  Findings for arrest by a grand jury would have created a much more believable process, though I personally doubt they would have returned an indictment.  Grand jury presentations by the Fulton-Martin family members would have clarified their statements earlier. I suspect that more of TM’s history would have been revealed in front of a grand jury than the trial. The personage of W8/RJ and her statements would have been locked down much earlier.  Grand jury action would have assisted in managing the PR issues in the case, and minimized some of the influence by Crump et al in the media.   The answer to “why wasn’t GZ arrested” would have been “the grand jury did not provide an indictment”. 

While Judge Nelson made many favorable decisions for the prosecution in my opinion, I see the only difficult choice she made supporting the defense was the Frye Ruling on the prosecution’s voice “experts”.  I expected some embarrassment when the FBI speech expert said those “experts” were bogus in front of the jury.

I don’t know how the judicial ethics sort out on such matters, but Judge Nelson does not seem to have rushed out for the speaking circuit, and I don’t expect a big book deal for her either. 

Again, IANAL. 

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2013, 12:44:01 AM »
More nutty "motions" have been filed.

I look forward to learning what Mr. Fennick thinks 'amend' means.

This has gotten ridiculous. I think the court should take some action.

Yes. It's amusing, but Seminole County has spent more than enough on this case.

Offline MJW

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2013, 12:15:13 PM »
Now Kevin Fennick wants to amend Jeb Bush.

EMERGENCY MOTION TO AMEND JEB BUSH IN ASSOCIATION WITH PERSON OF INTEREST IN ALL COMPLIANCE TO THE RULES OF COURT IN REGARDS TO THE OPERATIONS OF COMMONWEALTH HERBERT WALKER BUSH CORRESPONDANCE ON BEHALF OF TRAYVON MARTIN CIVIL COVER SHEET

Is anyone or anything safe from being amended?

Site Meter
click
tracking