Author Topic: Book Are Acommin'  (Read 1730 times)

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
Book Are Acommin'
« on: September 01, 2013, 06:53:53 PM »
Typing Trayvon Martin into Book Searching on Amazon gets 252 hits right now.  As far as I can tell, none is worth reading by somebody who followed the case here.  I would hope to see recommendations in this forum from those who decided to take the bait and buy one. Jack Cashill's has come out in Kindle form.  From what I can tell, it tells the story from the viewpoint of what was going on during the case at the CTH website.  I hope somebody writes one about how things looked from the viewpoint of the followers of this forum and the main TL site.  Actually, a study of the case from the point of view of the media would be very interesting if the writer could get some mea culpas from the worst offenders.

Offline SuzieTampa

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Book Are Acommin'
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 11:10:37 AM »
I made the mistake of searching for "George Zimmerman" without specifying "books," and, yikes, people are making so much money off of this case. I read RZ Sr.'s book, and it also was the perspective of CTH. I would love to see MOM or Jeralyn write on the legal aspects of the case -- the TL perspective. I wish they would include what Crump did in the Martin Lee Anderson case, and stuff about Angela Corey and BDLR. I also would love to see:

-- A liberal/leftist/progressive/feminist/whatever write a critique of anti-racism politics these days. I did some of that, starting with the 2008 election but don't think I have the energy to write even an e-book. I could do it if I had a couple of years, but people will have moved on to the next sensational case by then.

-- A media critique that looks at a great deal of sources and, perhaps, interviews some of the prominent journalists on this case. Maybe some enterprising journalism student will do that for a dissertation.

-- More details of what didn't make it into court.

Eric Deggans, a TV critic at the Tampa Bay Times, has written a book called "Race Baiter." This is supposed to be balanced. But I'm not so sure, after reading what he's written on the GZ case. Perhaps others might want to give it a try. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=race+baiter

Offline DebFrmHell

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: Book Are Acommin'
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 08:41:54 PM »
As far as I am concerned, I wish Jeralyn would write a book about this.  She is respected on both sides of the political spectrum.

Site Meter
click
tracking