Author Topic: He's Baaack - in jail  (Read 3420 times)

Offline RickyJim

• Rate Post +0/-0
He's Baaack - in jail
« on: November 18, 2013, 02:27:04 PM »
APOPKA, Fla. —George Zimmerman has been arrested in a domestic dispute involving his girlfriend and booked in the Seminole County Jail, law enforcement said.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/trayvon-martin-extended-coverage/george-zimmerman-arrested-for-domestic-violence/-/14266478/23030620/-/mum7eh/-/index.html#ixzz2l2DohZDA

And from the Orlando Sentinel,
According to Shawn Vincent, a spokesman for defense attorney Mark O'Mara, "Mark O'Mara is not representing George Zimmerman in today's matter," won't represent him in any other new criminal complaints and "as such, it is not appropriate for him to make any comment."
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 02:29:57 PM by RickyJim »

Offline SuzieTampa

• Rate Post +0/-0
Re: He's Baaack - in jail
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 08:07:14 AM »
The girlfriend and her mother had been seeking a paid national interview for weeks before she accused him of domestic violence.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/blogs/tv-guy/os-george-zimmerman-when-emails-become-news-20131120,0,2252808.post

Offline ThurmanMurman

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 03:53:21 PM »
I don’t think wanting a paid nation interview proves anything. It can actually be used to show S.S. maintained for a length of time that GZ exhibited unstable and/or abusive behavior. As it is police confirmed they encountered a barricaded door which is consistent with her claims but most tellingly makes no sense, IMO, in the context of George’s. The spin will of course be that George was frightened of the woman or even that she somehow barricaded the door on herself.

It’ll be interesting as more evidence comes out either way.

Offline Evil Chinchilla

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 10:01:31 AM »
I don’t think wanting a paid nation interview proves anything. It can actually be used to show S.S. maintained for a length of time that GZ exhibited unstable and/or abusive behavior.
But does the excuse that Samantha and her Mom are using for seeking a national interview-- we were concerned about GZ's mental health, and were only doing this as an intervention to make him get that help-- hold up in light of the fact that every negotiation for a national interview fell apart because they couldn't get their asking price? (And there's apparently some proof of this according to WKMG.)

For that matter, do you really need to go on national TV to stage an intervention for someone you're trying to make get help? I'm not sure how the Baker Act works in FL, but couldn't it have been used here to force GZ to be helped?

I believe SS's claims of "concern for GZ"-- and that he assaulted her-- about as much as I believe her hair color and cup size are natural.

As it is police confirmed they encountered a barricaded door which is consistent with her claims but most tellingly makes no sense, IMO, in the context of George’s. The spin will of course be that George was frightened of the woman or even that she somehow barricaded the door on herself.
Well, it WAS the door she gave the police a key to after saying on 911 she was locked out of her own house. It could've been deliberate, knowing things were in front of that door, to create the idea that GZ was in crazed self-defense mode.

It’ll be interesting as more evidence comes out either way.
Latest focus is the number of guns GZ had-- 5 guns and 100 rounds of ammo.

Somebody at the NYDN went off over this, saying GZ was a "nutjob" who had assaulted his girlfriend-- no "allegedly" about it. I hope GZ adds NYDN to the "defamation" list when the SS thing falls apart.

Offline ThurmanMurman

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 06:21:31 PM »
But does the excuse that Samantha and her Mom are using for seeking a national interview-- we were concerned about GZ's mental health, and were only doing this as an intervention to make him get that help-- hold up in light of the fact that every negotiation for a national interview fell apart because they couldn't get their asking price? (And there's apparently some proof of this according to WKMG.)

For that matter, do you really need to go on national TV to stage an intervention for someone you're trying to make get help? I'm not sure how the Baker Act works in FL, but couldn't it have been used here to force GZ to be helped?

Read that, unimpressed. Because then why wouldn’t she want a certain price? Her broke boyfriend stopped his medication and has exhibited unstable/abusive behavior; it’s unlikely he’d accept an intervention, laws be damned. If you’re suggesting that be that as it may it’s an off-putting way to do it, I agree. But this is a person that keeps a man like George Zimmerman as company, so …

S.S. IIRC refused cops a written statement regarding the incident at GZ’s in-law’s, and has repeated her claim that Shelly Zimmerman bopped his head with the same Ipad he later destroyed. Both moves counter-intuitive, IMO, if one has set out to fake a relationship for the possibility of a paid national interview.

I believe SS's claims of "concern for GZ"-- and that he assaulted her-- about as much as I believe her hair color and cup size are natural.

I'll refrain from assigning credibility here because this board is zealously pro-Zimmerman.

Well, it WAS the door she gave the police a key to after saying on 911 she was locked out of her own house.

It makes more sense that George Zimmerman knew she had a key, that’s why he would barricade a door. To keep her out.

It could've been deliberate, knowing things were in front of that door, to create the idea that GZ was in crazed self-defense mode.

George created the idea that he was in “crazed” self-defense mode when he wasted 911’s time to accuse her of going “crazy on (him),” say she broke her own table and threw his property out because she was angry he was leaving (??) , and then finally risked calling 911 on herself.

Offline unitron

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 08:28:33 PM »
Some of us are just zealously pro-"look at the facts first (and be sure that they are facts), apply logic, and only then formulate opinions".

And some of us are big on "The only way to even have a chance to protect the innocent from being steamrollered by the power and resources of the state is to insist on a placing a high burden of proof on the state".

Offline nomatter_nevermind

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 01:13:56 AM »
I don’t think wanting a paid nation interview proves anything.

It's not good for credibility.

In the O.J. Simpson case, many people claiming to have been close to the couple gave paid interviews or wrote books. None of them were called to testify at the trial.

Offline ThurmanMurman

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 09:20:46 AM »
Going off credibility alone isn't good for GZ either. But I want to build an opinion based on what is verifiable and what makes sense as facts come out. I’m more interested in the accusations she shared with reporters and whether they’re true than the fact that she shared them. The story GZ gave 911 whom he treated as a media outlet doesn’t make sense to me in the context of what we currently know. He could have called to frame Scheibe.

Like I said, it’ll be interesting as more evidence comes out either way.

Offline Evil Chinchilla

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 08:57:31 AM »
Like I said, it’ll be interesting as more evidence comes out either way.
Scheibe recanted her story and the prosecution dropped the charges because there was no additional evidence that supported her accusations.

Still interested?

Offline ThurmanMurman

• Rate Post +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 07:30:28 PM »
Not that it'd be meaningful from a legal standpoint, but yes. LOL, this isn't the vindication that smugness in your post suggests. She wanted to "be" with GZ which a no-contact order prevented. Her lawyer contacts his and she withdraws the serious allegation so the order is lifted, explains she'd felt intimidated by cops when she made her report, and refuses to be a witness in the case. Meanwhile and IMO tellingly GZ's lawyer doesn't use the opportunity to call it a lie, and doesn't press charges. 

As for "no additional evidence," the gun allegation which is the most serious is difficult enough to prove with her testimony. After refusing to participate further in addition to dropping the charges I don't see why they'd put themselves on the line. At this point he can bury her in his backyard and they won't touch it.

At any rate, I'm sure he was just sitting there minding his own. Like always.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 07:33:56 PM by ThurmanMurman »

Site Meter
click
tracking