Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Post-Verdict Events and Thoughts / George Back in Jail!
« Last post by RickyJim on January 10, 2015, 09:36:36 AM »
This time for throwing a wine bottle at a lady friend.   Interesting that Don West is representing him in this case.   See Link1, or Link2.
Post-Verdict Events and Thoughts / Re: Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Francis recants
« Last post by Zapper on October 31, 2014, 12:43:44 AM »
 . . . and is now subpoenaed to meet with DOJ on 5 November, after their announcement in early October that they wouldn't likely do anything. I wonder if GZ, like Frein, is wearing diapers due to this new development.  :o

http://legalinsurrection.com/2014/10/fbi-convenes-grand-jury-for-zimmerman-civil-rights-case/
Zimmerman vs. NBC / Re: Nelson dismisses libel suit
« Last post by RickyJim on July 09, 2014, 08:06:37 AM »
Malicious Prosecution (if there is such a crime in Florida).  That would include withholding evidence as charged in a currently active suit by a former Corey employee Kruidbos.  I thought that some of the evidence the prosecution tried to use, like "voice experts" whose testimony couldn't pass the laugh test, showed signs of their bad intentions but I don't think there are laws against doing that.  Perhaps they can charge a conspiracy of the State of Florida together with Crump's law firm.  We all know about multi-million dollar payouts from a state, in particular NY, for wrongly convicted defendants so why shouldn'tattempted incarceration without a case also be a cause for a state to pay up?
« Last post by unitron on July 05, 2014, 02:02:30 PM »
I hope that this will revive this forum a bit.  Theconservativetreehouse and Legalinsurrection have threads about Judge Nelson's decision but the comments seem to be predictable for those outlets.  By the way, I always have thought that Zimmerman has a better case against the State of Florida than NBC.  We should hear soon if Mr. Beasley will appeal.

I know what his case against NBC is, but what specifically would his case against the State of Florida be?
« Last post by RickyJim on July 01, 2014, 08:25:30 AM »
I hope that this will revive this forum a bit.  Theconservativetreehouse and Legalinsurrection have threads about Judge Nelson's decision but the comments seem to be predictable for those outlets.  By the way, I always have thought that Zimmerman has a better case against the State of Florida than NBC.  We should hear soon if Mr. Beasley will appeal.
Zimmerman vs. NBC / Nelson dismisses libel suit
« Last post by Cylinder on June 30, 2014, 12:12:26 PM »
Judge Dismisses Zimmerman's Lawsuit Against NBC

A Florida judge on Monday dismissed the defamation lawsuit filed by George Zimmerman against NBC and three reporters, saying the former neighborhood watch leader failed to show the network acted with malice.
Judge Debra Nelson said the malice standard was appropriate because Zimmerman became a public figure after he shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford in February 2012, generating a national conversation about race and self-defense laws.

Judge Nelson's order via Scribd.
Or maybe olí Frankie-T canít keep up the charade now that their common experience forces him to see the Martins - including their dead kid - as human beings.

If you're going to stretch out your 15 minutes, I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

Because he can't possibly say anything pro-Zimmerman to garner attention? I also suppose claiming he's hungry for fame doesn't apply to what he's said prior to coming clean.

It is amazing, but not surprising, how quickly and viciously Zimmerman supporters turn on someone.
If you're going to stretch out your 15 minutes, I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

I would like to see the claim that he had advance information about how the jury was going to vote investigated enough to put that to rest.
El Capo 3 / El Capo 3, Capitulo 36
« Last post by TalkLeft on May 14, 2014, 12:00:24 AM »
Kind of a slow first half of the show. First they repeated some stuff from last night. Then they did another overly long segment about Bruna and her teen boyfriend who gets killed by the local "patron" when he objects to him pawing Bruna.

It was a surprise to see Azimov get killed when he hasn't been on the show for so long. What was that all about? But now Azimov and Silvio are gone: who will take their place besides Velandia's cop co-worker, who's more of a documents guy than a street thug.

It looks like it's going to be a bleak week for the show. There will be a kidnap attempt on Julieta's baby.

I can't figure out why El Capo is still keeping Valeriano around, and why he's still tied up. Or what Julieta has been arguing with her father about.

It seems Isabel Christina was upset to learn el Pitre works for El Capo -- not exactly what she wanted for Julieta's next big romance.

My only real question is what El Capo said to El Pitre when he got back from taking Julieta to the airport.

The show is now over 1/3 done. I wonder when they will go to Italy (which really will be Colombia dressed up to look like Italy, according to a blog by an extra in those episodes.)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Site Meter
click
tracking