Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Post-Verdict Events and Thoughts / Re: He's Baaack - in jail
« Last post by nomatter_nevermind on November 29, 2013, 01:13:56 AM »
I don’t think wanting a paid nation interview proves anything.

It's not good for credibility.

In the O.J. Simpson case, many people claiming to have been close to the couple gave paid interviews or wrote books. None of them were called to testify at the trial.
« Last post by unitron on November 28, 2013, 08:28:33 PM »
Some of us are just zealously pro-"look at the facts first (and be sure that they are facts), apply logic, and only then formulate opinions".

And some of us are big on "The only way to even have a chance to protect the innocent from being steamrollered by the power and resources of the state is to insist on a placing a high burden of proof on the state".
« Last post by ThurmanMurman on November 27, 2013, 06:21:31 PM »
But does the excuse that Samantha and her Mom are using for seeking a national interview-- we were concerned about GZ's mental health, and were only doing this as an intervention to make him get that help-- hold up in light of the fact that every negotiation for a national interview fell apart because they couldn't get their asking price? (And there's apparently some proof of this according to WKMG.)

For that matter, do you really need to go on national TV to stage an intervention for someone you're trying to make get help? I'm not sure how the Baker Act works in FL, but couldn't it have been used here to force GZ to be helped?

Read that, unimpressed. Because then why wouldn’t she want a certain price? Her broke boyfriend stopped his medication and has exhibited unstable/abusive behavior; it’s unlikely he’d accept an intervention, laws be damned. If you’re suggesting that be that as it may it’s an off-putting way to do it, I agree. But this is a person that keeps a man like George Zimmerman as company, so …

S.S. IIRC refused cops a written statement regarding the incident at GZ’s in-law’s, and has repeated her claim that Shelly Zimmerman bopped his head with the same Ipad he later destroyed. Both moves counter-intuitive, IMO, if one has set out to fake a relationship for the possibility of a paid national interview.

I believe SS's claims of "concern for GZ"-- and that he assaulted her-- about as much as I believe her hair color and cup size are natural.

I'll refrain from assigning credibility here because this board is zealously pro-Zimmerman.

Well, it WAS the door she gave the police a key to after saying on 911 she was locked out of her own house.

It makes more sense that George Zimmerman knew she had a key, that’s why he would barricade a door. To keep her out.

It could've been deliberate, knowing things were in front of that door, to create the idea that GZ was in crazed self-defense mode.

George created the idea that he was in “crazed” self-defense mode when he wasted 911’s time to accuse her of going “crazy on (him),” say she broke her own table and threw his property out because she was angry he was leaving (??) , and then finally risked calling 911 on herself.

« Last post by Evil Chinchilla on November 27, 2013, 10:01:31 AM »
I don’t think wanting a paid nation interview proves anything. It can actually be used to show S.S. maintained for a length of time that GZ exhibited unstable and/or abusive behavior.
But does the excuse that Samantha and her Mom are using for seeking a national interview-- we were concerned about GZ's mental health, and were only doing this as an intervention to make him get that help-- hold up in light of the fact that every negotiation for a national interview fell apart because they couldn't get their asking price? (And there's apparently some proof of this according to WKMG.)

For that matter, do you really need to go on national TV to stage an intervention for someone you're trying to make get help? I'm not sure how the Baker Act works in FL, but couldn't it have been used here to force GZ to be helped?

I believe SS's claims of "concern for GZ"-- and that he assaulted her-- about as much as I believe her hair color and cup size are natural.

As it is police confirmed they encountered a barricaded door which is consistent with her claims but most tellingly makes no sense, IMO, in the context of George’s. The spin will of course be that George was frightened of the woman or even that she somehow barricaded the door on herself.
Well, it WAS the door she gave the police a key to after saying on 911 she was locked out of her own house. It could've been deliberate, knowing things were in front of that door, to create the idea that GZ was in crazed self-defense mode.

It’ll be interesting as more evidence comes out either way.
Latest focus is the number of guns GZ had-- 5 guns and 100 rounds of ammo.

Somebody at the NYDN went off over this, saying GZ was a "nutjob" who had assaulted his girlfriend-- no "allegedly" about it. I hope GZ adds NYDN to the "defamation" list when the SS thing falls apart.
« Last post by ThurmanMurman on November 26, 2013, 03:53:21 PM »
I don’t think wanting a paid nation interview proves anything. It can actually be used to show S.S. maintained for a length of time that GZ exhibited unstable and/or abusive behavior. As it is police confirmed they encountered a barricaded door which is consistent with her claims but most tellingly makes no sense, IMO, in the context of George’s. The spin will of course be that George was frightened of the woman or even that she somehow barricaded the door on herself.

It’ll be interesting as more evidence comes out either way.
« Last post by SuzieTampa on November 21, 2013, 08:07:14 AM »
The girlfriend and her mother had been seeking a paid national interview for weeks before she accused him of domestic violence.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/blogs/tv-guy/os-george-zimmerman-when-emails-become-news-20131120,0,2252808.post
Post-Verdict Events and Thoughts / He's Baaack - in jail
« Last post by RickyJim on November 18, 2013, 02:27:04 PM »
APOPKA, Fla. —George Zimmerman has been arrested in a domestic dispute involving his girlfriend and booked in the Seminole County Jail, law enforcement said.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/trayvon-martin-extended-coverage/george-zimmerman-arrested-for-domestic-violence/-/14266478/23030620/-/mum7eh/-/index.html#ixzz2l2DohZDA

And from the Orlando Sentinel,
According to Shawn Vincent, a spokesman for defense attorney Mark O'Mara, "Mark O'Mara is not representing George Zimmerman in today's matter," won't represent him in any other new criminal complaints and "as such, it is not appropriate for him to make any comment."
Post-Verdict Events and Thoughts / Re: Zimmerman Won't be Charged With Theft
« Last post by unitron on October 27, 2013, 08:41:06 AM »
wordsalad2009 over on whonoze found a PDF of the long version of the Lake Mary PD's report on the alleged theft, and it gets really interesting towards the end.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9fc217bp8f5fcfv/2.pdf

Right click, click open in new window, click download button in upper right corner, click direct download, show it where to be saved.

(You do have a separate, dedicated Zimmerman folder, right? ::) )
Post-Verdict Events and Thoughts / Re: Zimmerman Won't be Charged With Theft
« Last post by annoyedbeyond on October 26, 2013, 11:20:35 AM »
I thought O'Mara fired him--at least for this stuff?
Police tried to question Zimmerman but he referred questions to his attorney, Mark O'Mara, the report said.

Experience is a great teacher.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Site Meter
click
tracking